The rapper/mogul and the National Basketball Association star would be minority owners in the group being put together by e-commerce billionaire Michael Rubin, sources said.
With 25 members allowed to make up a group of majority owners, Diddy and Curry would be able to easily become minority owners in the team, although their involvement reportedly has not been finalized.More news: Philadelphia Eagles make the right call signing Bradham over Robinson
Former Panthers owner Jerry Richardson agreed to sell the team in December after reports surfaced that he paid at least four women to keep quiet about workplace misconduct, including sexual harassment and using a racial slur. Along with rapper Sean "Diddy" Combs, Curry is understood to be among the celebrities Rubin has spoken to. ESPN noted that as of Monday, he was one of three known bidders with the financial strength to be a majority owner who notified the NFL with a formal letter of intent required by the league. Richardson, 81, bought the Panthers when they were started as an expansion franchise in 1995.
Curry, who's a Panthers fan by way of being a Charlotte native, previously stated his wish of being in an ownership group to acquire the club.More news: Jeremy Maclin hits free agency after being released by Baltimore Ravens
"Obviously I have a day job, but I've got people that are plugged in and are trying to see how to make that happen", Curry told reporters after conveying his interest in response to Combs' tweet. Diddy is estimated to be worth $820 million by Forbes while he had $47.3 million in total earnings a year ago.More news: Which Denver-area counties are the healthiest?
Official bids are expected to come in over the next few weeks, with approval from two-thirds of the league's owners required to complete a sale.
- Free for all in Gujarat Assembly
- Barack Obama Reveals His NCAA Tournament Bracket
- Seth Rich's Parents Sue Fox News Over Retracted Story
- Arizona Cardinals release former LSU football standout Tyrann Mathieu
- CB Butler leaving Patriots for $61 million deal with Titans
- Porn star raising funds for legal expenses in Trump disclosure fight
- 49ers expected to sign RB Jerick McKinnon to four-year deal
- Tiger Woods doesn't know how he's getting massive clubhead speeds
- Sarah Drew From 'Grey's Anatomy' to 'Cagney & Lacey'
- March Madness odds 2018: Wednesday First Four betting lines and trends