However the Cardinals have continued to possess vast positional talent, a fact that's been disguised by their 7-9 and 8-8 records over the last two seasons.
The 5-foot-9, 186-pound free safety earned first-team All-Pro honors in 2015.More news: Delhi CS assault witness Jain resigns as Kejriwal's advisor
The two Melvins in Los Angeles tag-teamed Mathieu with some tweets.
In short, they aren't happy. The 25-year-old safety mentioned that he was not willing to take a pay cut to National Football League reporter Gregg Rosenthal.
Mathieu isn't without red flags, and he'll have far more likely landing spots, but a new day has dawned, and the Packers can't be ruled out for anyone.More news: Smoking Can Increase The Chances Of Going Deaf By 60 Percent
In 66 career games, Mathieu has 303 tackles, 25 pass breakups, 22 passes defensed, 11 interceptions, 4 sacks and 4 forced fumbles.
Last season was the first that Mathieu played in all 16 games as he continued to recover mentally and physically from the past injuries. After returning to the field in 2014, it was 2015 when the Honey Badger hit his stride.
Mathieu spent an entire season out of football and slid to the third round before the Cardinals took a chance by selecting him in 2013. He battled back again to start 10 games in 2016 and all 16 games in 2017. A constant presence at charity events, Mathieu was also known to pass out turkeys to those in need during the Thanksgiving holiday and come Christmas time, Mathieu made door-to-door stops in person bearing presents to underprivileged children.
However that won't stop the team from being mentioned with any and all free agents, even those that they don't have any interest in at this time such as recently-released Miami tackle Ndamukong Suh and Green Bay's Jordy Nelson.More news: Sane Trilogy, keyboard and mouse support
- Probation in Body Fluids Case at Hartford
- Bangladesh court grants bail to former PM Khaleda Zia
- March Madness odds 2018: Wednesday First Four betting lines and trends
- Theresa May welcomes Facebook decision to remove Britain First page
- Amitabh Bachchan clarifies his health is fine
- 49ers expected to sign RB Jerick McKinnon to four-year deal
- Bullseye icon Jim Bowen dies, aged 80
- Conte takes time to laud Messi after Champions League exit
- Which Denver-area counties are the healthiest?
- Mississippi State headed to NIT