The San Francisco 49ers quickly moved on from Carlos Hyde and signed Jerick McKinnon to a four-year deal worth a reported $30 million.
Report: Vikings lose RB McKinnon to 49ers
The four highest-paid running backs in the National Football League for the 2018 season are set to be Le'Veon Bell, Devonta Freeman, LeSean McCoy, and ... Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle reported on Wednesday that the deal is for four years at a potential value of $36.9 million, which makes McKinnon the second-highest paid running back (behind Le'Veon Bell of the Pittsburgh Steelers) in terms of average salary per season ($9.225 million). Over the past four seasons with the Vikings (2014-17), he has appeared in 58 games (14 starts) and registered 474 carries for 1,918 yards and seven touchdowns while adding 142 receptions for 984 yards and five touchdowns. After scoring a touchdown on the ground against the Saints, he averaged 4.0 YPC and caught 11 passes for 86 yards against the Eagles, leading the team in both rushing and receiving yards. He rushed for 570 yards on 150 carries (3.8 yards per carry) with three touchdowns last season.
In 2017, McKinnon shared the Vikings' backfield with fellow running back Latavius Murray, after rookie running back Dalvin Cook was lost for the year after sustaining an early-season ACL injury.More news: Heynckes breaks Champions League record as Bayern march on
McKinnon had his most productive season a year ago, when he ran for a career-high 570 yards while setting personal bests with 51 catches for 421 yards. Only two running backs in the league, Freeman and McCoy, have larger overall contracts.
After missing out on the top dual-threat running back free agency had to offer, the San Francisco 49ers were successful in signing the next-best free agent on the market.More news: Bullseye icon Jim Bowen dies, aged 80
More news: The internet can't get over this Chinese journalist's dramatic eye-roll
- Bangladesh court grants bail to former PM Khaleda Zia
- Monster Hunter World Deviljho Release And Spring Event Update
- Skyrim VR is coming to HTC Vive next month
- Sarah Drew From 'Grey's Anatomy' to 'Cagney & Lacey'
- Russell Westbrook Reaches NBA Triple-Double Milestone
- Sane Trilogy, keyboard and mouse support
- New addition Jake Arrieta promising Phillies will fight
- Margot Robbie To Play Sharon Tate In Tarantino Film, Alongside Leonardo DiCaprio
- Probation in Body Fluids Case at Hartford
- Theresa May welcomes Facebook decision to remove Britain First page