The National Weather Service in Buffalo issued a winter storm warning from 6 p.m. this evening to 2 a.m. Thursday. Travel could become hard, especially at night.
Another system on Tuesday night will bring minor snow accumulations to Southwest Virginia and Northeast Tennessee, mainly in the higher elevations.
One to two inches of snow were expected north of I-85 across the northern Piedmont, in Vance and Warren counties.More news: Miley Cyrus Is Being Sued Over Her 2013 Single 'We Can't Stop'
Areas affected include: Sullivan County, Tennessee and Lee, Wise, Scott, Russell and Washington counties in Virginia.
Travel will be hard, including the morning and evening commutes on Wednesday, the weather service said.
Surface temperatures hovering around freezing should keep accumulation totals down. Drivers should expect roads to be slippery and visibility to be limited at some points Monday and Tuesday.More news: Serena Williams: 'My room for improvement is incredible'
The most intense snow showers will be along Lake Huron.
A winter storm warning goes into effect at 8 tonight for most of Central New York, where 7 to 15 inches of snow could fall over about 36 hours. Locations in our North Zone will see snow linger for longer than the remainder of the area.More news: Dem operatives fume after Hillary disses Trump voters
- Exxon Mobil (XOM) Receiving Somewhat Favorable Media Coverage, Study Finds
- YouTube to display Wikipedia 'facts' alongside conspiracy videos
- E3 2018 will be Xbox's 'Biggest Showing Ever' says Microsoft
- Enraged Lille fans spark riot, invade pitch, assault team
- Jose Mourinho Has 'No Regrets' After Manchester United's UCL Defeat to Sevilla
- Pocket of air found where man's brain should've been
- Sunny skies in Boulder today with a high of 55
- Slovak junior government party wants early election if coalition collapses
- Warriors' Curry out at least four more games
- Russia: We will attack United States military if Trump strikes Syria again