More so than many of his predecessors, National Economic Council Director Gary Cohn played an outsized role in the Trump administration, serving as a key adviser on financial services policy matters, including topics like Dodd-Frank reform and top regulatory appointments.
"Chris has a strong interest in foreign affairs, and is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, which is now focusing on the president's decisions on tariffs and industry protection", Hope said, questioning whether he might be able to "moderate the President's position on trade".
KUDLOW, a longtime friend of TRUMP's, has been rumored to be the President's pick to replace the departed GARY COHN; in the informal press session on the way to a helicopter for his trip to CALIFORNIA, TRUMP said of KUDLOW, "We don't agree on everything, but in this case, I think it's good". Cohn reportedly left the job in part because of disagreements with the president over his support of steel and aluminum tariffs - tariffs Kudlow also strongly opposes. He criticized the president's recent proposal to impose tariffs on imported aluminum and steel.More news: Pre-registration for Warner Bros. Westworld mobile game is now open
Ivanka Trump wears many hats these days: senior White House adviser, diplomat, Trump Organization investor, first daughter, and, a Trump confidante tells The Washington Post, President Trump's "little girl". "I'm renegotiating trade deals and without tariffs we wouldn't do almost as well", Trump said.
In a cabinet meeting on Thursday, Trump teased Cohn for not being as strong on tariffs as he would prefer. Kudlow and Trump spoke on Sunday about the position and are both reportedly excited about working together on trade issues.More news: Evacuations ordered ahead of next Southern California storm
Liddell, like the former Goldman Sachs executive Cohn, has a background in crunching numbers and dealing with Wall Street.
Kudlow recently praised Cohn on CNBC and said that he had urged him to remain at the White House.More news: Exxon Mobil (XOM) Receiving Somewhat Favorable Media Coverage, Study Finds
- Teacher 'Accidentally' Fires Gun In Class
- Stewart reunites with Shula, Gettleman as he joins the Giants Video
- Ex-President Lee Faces Questioning in Corruption Probe
- Apple to buy digital magazine service Texture
- 3 reasons Rams should consider signing Jordy Nelson following release
- Philippines Duterte to issue notice of withdrawal from ICC
- Met Éireann forecasting snow showers for St Patrick's Day!
- Wenger: 'Lacazette out for Milan'
- Jose Mourinho Has 'No Regrets' After Manchester United's UCL Defeat to Sevilla
- Federal Appeals Court Upholds Most of Texas' Sanctuary Cities Law