There are quite a few different Raspberry Pi models in existence, but it's not too hard to keep them straight: new ones are better.More news: Teacher 'Accidentally' Fires Gun In Class
The Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ is manufactured exclusively in the United Kingdom under licence by the Raspberry Pi Foundation.
It also now offers Bluetooth 4.2 support compared to Bluetooth 4.1, and ethernet networking should be speedier due to the introduction of gigabit ethernet over USB 2.0, though bandwidth is limited to a maximum of 300 Mbps - still, that's three times more than the previous model. It's not only faster, but also includes a heat spreader and power integrity optimizations allowing it to better control temperature while enjoying more performance.
Lastly, the Model B+ comes complete with Power over Ethernet (PoE), which hasn't officially been supported until now. The Raspberry Pi Foundation will be submitting the application to ICASA and approval is expected around May/June.More news: Suspect in Binghamton University student's death arrested in Nicaragua
"The new board has faster processing, faster-wired networking and improved wireless connectivity; and with modular compliance certification and the same extraordinary support provided through communities and forums, users can learn, create and bring products to market faster than ever before". The Foundation does point out that the 3B+ draws more power than the straight 3B (which, along with earlier models, will continue to be manufactured as long as there is demand), so advises using a high quality 2.5 A power supply. The operating system and storage needs are taken care of by a microSD card pushed into the integrated slot.
Raspberry has just announced an update to its flagship board, the Raspberry Pi 3. The video below has more on the release.More news: Bihar bypoll UPDATES: RJD leading in Araria, Jehanabad; BJP in Bhabua
- 'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald' trailer takes Potterheads back to Hogwarts
- Rep. Stephanie Murphy: Trump's 'Big Game' on Guns Falls Short
- Pompeo and Circumstance: A 'Rexit' State of Affairs
- Trump considering Perry for veterans affairs secretary
- Stewart reunites with Shula, Gettleman as he joins the Giants Video
- Amazon giving monthly free games to Twitch Prime users
- Google Plus Codes for Maps announced as digital location-based addressing system
- India's Solar Financing May Have Peaked For Now at $10B in 2017
- Google is banning all bitcoin, ICO, and cryptocurrency ads from June
- Famed theoretical physicist dies at 76