A man suspected in the murder of a Binghamton University student who jumped on a flight to his native Nicaragua was arrested Tuesday in the Central America country, The New York Post reported.
Tercero allegedly "fled the United States via global air to Nicaragua prior to the discovery of Haley Anderson's deceased body", according to a statement released today by police.
Binghamton Police said Tercero flew to Nicaragua from the John F. Kennedy Airport Friday morning around 8 a.m. before Anderson's body was found.More news: Trump considering Perry for veterans affairs secretary
Police declared her death a homicide after an autopsy was conducted at Lourdes Hospital in Binghamton on Saturday.
The circumstances of what led to Anderson's death have not been revealed.
Police said they were called there just months earlier for a domestic dispute involving Anderson and Orlando Tercero, but no charges were filed.More news: Xiaomi Redmi Note 5, Note 5 Pro Goes On Sale Today
The two were students at the Decker School of Nursing and were previously in a relationship.
Tercero is a United States citizen and was also studying nursing.
Police believe Tercero left the US out of New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport the same morning Anderson's body was found.More news: QB Case Keenum plans to sign with Broncos
- Vote counting in Gorakhpur, Phulpur, Araria today
- German parliament confirms Chancellor Angela Merkel for 4th term
- Google Plus Codes for Maps announced as digital location-based addressing system
- Federer breezes into Indian Wells fourth round
- Pompeo and Circumstance: A 'Rexit' State of Affairs
- IndiGo continues to operate with curtailed schedule, cancels 42 flights
- Aamir Khan to join Instagram on his 53rd birthday
- Three Men Charged With Minnesota Mosque Bombing
- Bihar bypoll UPDATES: RJD leading in Araria, Jehanabad; BJP in Bhabua
- Broadcom to stay on deal path after Qualcomm halt, say analysts