As it stands right now, the Baltimore Ravens are toward the bottom of the National Football League in salary cap space.More news: 3 reasons Rams should consider signing Jordy Nelson following release
Injuries limited the veteran running back in 2017-18, allowing him to appear in only eight regular-season games and total 14 carries for 56 yards, adding 33 receptions for 200 yards.
Woodhead left the Ravens' Week 1 game against the Cincinnati Bengals last season with a hamstring injury and was placed on injured reserve on September 14. On that possession, Woodhead had three catches for 33 yards and one carry for four yards before leaving with the injury. He returned to practice two months later and returned to game action on November 19 against the Green Bay Packers. While he appeared in just five games combined in 2014 and 2016, Woodhead was highly productive when healthy in 2013 and 2015. However, with the Ravens re-signing offensive lineman James Hurst, there was less of a need for Howard on the roster. Baltimore is expected to fill the right tackle spot with either Hurst, Alex Lewis or a draft pick.More news: Federer breezes into Indian Wells fourth round
The Ravens will reportedly have a new starting right tackle in 2018.
The Ravens entered this week ranking among the teams with the least amount of cap room.More news: Browns still awaiting decision from star tackle Joe Thomas
The Ravens saved $1.8 million agains the salary cap by releasing Woodhead.
- Federal Appeals Court Upholds Most of Texas' Sanctuary Cities Law
- Wenger: 'Lacazette out for Milan'
- Bihar bypoll UPDATES: RJD leading in Araria, Jehanabad; BJP in Bhabua
- Halep, Williams through to last eight
- China congratulates Nepal President Bhandari on re-election
- Milenina leads Russian medal haul in PyeongChang with cross-country sprint gold
- Federer takes care of business, Djokovic crashes out
- Keenum Preparing to Sign with Denver
- Walmart to Expand Grocery Delivery as Amazon Battle Intensifies
- The Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ microcomputer promises more speed