The listing has since been taken down, but a Redditor spotted the post and got the internet talking before Ubisoft could begin damage control, though it is still possible that this was just a speculative placeholder listing from Amazon, so it can't be counted as definitive confirmation of the game's existence just yet. It also displayed a "currently unavailable" status with no information about its release date, product description or the platforms it will support. "We are not forgetting Splinter Cell".More news: Things We Want to See When Iris Suits up on 'The Flash'
Splinter Cell has taken a long hiatus since its last game, Splinter Cell: Blacklist that was launched way back in 2013. The featured image is also blank. But we also can not rule out the possibility of its release sometime soon because e-commerce sites are known to tease games way ahead of its official launch date. So it seems the developer definitely has something up their sleeves for the Splinter Cell series. It has been two years now since the revelation was made and we can expect the new game to be announced by its publisher this year itself. With that said, do you think that Ubisoft is making another Splinter Cell game?More news: Murphy Has Big Plans, Unveils First Budget As NJ's Governor
The fact that Amazon has included the game in the list might suggest an announcement not too far in time, perhaps with a reveal in the spring and the first gameplay at E3 2018 in Los Angeles. A Splinter Cell release this year would make sense for Ubisoft as it doesn't have big titles scheduled this year with it giving a year's gap to the Assassin's Creed series. However, the name of the game is going to different from Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 2018 in all possibility.
- Suspect in Binghamton University student's death arrested in Nicaragua
- Evacuations ordered ahead of next Southern California storm
- 3 reasons Rams should consider signing Jordy Nelson following release
- Rep. Stephanie Murphy: Trump's 'Big Game' on Guns Falls Short
- Ravens Not To Pick Up Option For RT Howard, Release RB Woodhead
- Halep, Williams through to last eight
- Federer takes care of business, Djokovic crashes out
- Browns still awaiting decision from star tackle Joe Thomas
- Met Éireann forecasting snow showers for St Patrick's Day!
- Stewart reunites with Shula, Gettleman as he joins the Giants Video