At the conference, she determined, "Going forward, no one gets paid more than the Queen".
Queen Elizabeth II would be the richest woman in Britain if she owned all of the Crown Estate alongside her personal fortune of around £300m. "However, Hollywood and London may have to reassess whether there should be some kind of SAG pay scale". Actress Olivia Colman, who won a Golden Globe award for her work in "The Night Manager", will take over for Foy's character as Queen Elizabeth, while the new Prince Philip is yet to be cast.More news: YouTube to display Wikipedia 'facts' alongside conspiracy videos
Matt Smith is more famous because of his run in Doctor Who, but Claire Foy wasn't exactly some unknown actress.
Even royals, it seems, may suffer from the gender pay gap.
"The Crown", which costs $7 million an episode to produce, is replacing its leads for the start of filming in July, with Olivia Colman stepping in as the queen and an actor to replace Smith not yet announced. So, for that matter, has Smith, 35, and nearly the entire cast.More news: Jose Mourinho Has 'No Regrets' After Manchester United's UCL Defeat to Sevilla
Neither Foy nor Smith have commented on the recent revelations and there's every possibility that they were unaware of what went in each other's pockets anyway.
They said he made more (they didn't say how much) thanks to his Doctor Who fame: He was one of a dozen actors who have played the Doctor on the venerable British sci-fi series, for which he won multiple British nominations and awards.
Her male counterpart Mark Wahlberg received a negotiated fee of $1.5 (€1.2) million.More news: Microsoft to add new Azure regions in Germany, Switzerland, UAE
However, I would like to state for the record that her getting paid less than Matt Smith is bullshit of the highest order. Wahlberg later donated his salary to Time's Up, the campaign against workplace sexual misconduct.
- Ravens Not To Pick Up Option For RT Howard, Release RB Woodhead
- New Splinter Cell Game Spotted on Amazon Ahead of Announcement
- Slovak junior government party wants early election if coalition collapses
- Dem operatives fume after Hillary disses Trump voters
- Pre-registration for Warner Bros. Westworld mobile game is now open
- Evacuations ordered ahead of next Southern California storm
- E3 2018 will be Xbox's 'Biggest Showing Ever' says Microsoft
- Miley Cyrus Is Being Sued Over Her 2013 Single 'We Can't Stop'
- Women's basketball: Auriemma plans no big changes
- Grab forms venture with Japan's Credit Saison for lending services