At the conference, she determined, "Going forward, no one gets paid more than the Queen".
Queen Elizabeth II would be the richest woman in Britain if she owned all of the Crown Estate alongside her personal fortune of around £300m. "However, Hollywood and London may have to reassess whether there should be some kind of SAG pay scale". Actress Olivia Colman, who won a Golden Globe award for her work in "The Night Manager", will take over for Foy's character as Queen Elizabeth, while the new Prince Philip is yet to be cast.More news: YouTube to display Wikipedia 'facts' alongside conspiracy videos
Matt Smith is more famous because of his run in Doctor Who, but Claire Foy wasn't exactly some unknown actress.
Even royals, it seems, may suffer from the gender pay gap.
"The Crown", which costs $7 million an episode to produce, is replacing its leads for the start of filming in July, with Olivia Colman stepping in as the queen and an actor to replace Smith not yet announced. So, for that matter, has Smith, 35, and nearly the entire cast.More news: Sacking of JK Finance Minister Haseeb Drabu signals hard posturing by PDP
Neither Foy nor Smith have commented on the recent revelations and there's every possibility that they were unaware of what went in each other's pockets anyway.
They said he made more (they didn't say how much) thanks to his Doctor Who fame: He was one of a dozen actors who have played the Doctor on the venerable British sci-fi series, for which he won multiple British nominations and awards.
Her male counterpart Mark Wahlberg received a negotiated fee of $1.5 (€1.2) million.More news: Chef Justin Carlisle of Ardent in Milwaukee advances toward Beard Award
However, I would like to state for the record that her getting paid less than Matt Smith is bullshit of the highest order. Wahlberg later donated his salary to Time's Up, the campaign against workplace sexual misconduct.
- Ravens Not To Pick Up Option For RT Howard, Release RB Woodhead
- Trump looks 'very strongly' at Larry Kudlow for chief economic adviser
- New Splinter Cell Game Spotted on Amazon Ahead of Announcement
- Jose Mourinho Has 'No Regrets' After Manchester United's UCL Defeat to Sevilla
- Pre-registration for Warner Bros. Westworld mobile game is now open
- Miley Cyrus Is Being Sued Over Her 2013 Single 'We Can't Stop'
- Exxon Mobil (XOM) Receiving Somewhat Favorable Media Coverage, Study Finds
- Evacuations ordered ahead of next Southern California storm
- Teachers back walkout protesting gun violence
- Pi Day deals: Blaze Pizza, Papa Murphy's, Boston Market, more