This year's sporting action in PyeongChang is set to continue as the 12 Paralympic Winter Games get underway from March 9.
Otago Paralympic gold medallist Adam Hall continues to make his presence felt on the world stage after "an wonderful comeback" to win the bronze medal in the men's super combined event at the PyeongChang Paralympic Winter Games.
The 30-year-old from Dunedin won a bronze in his Men's super combined event, which uses times from the slalom and super giant slalom, and at one stage lead the timesheets.More news: Federer takes care of business, Djokovic crashes out
Mike Schultz of St. Cloud pulled off that unlikely trifecta on Monday, taking the gold in snowboard cross at the Paralympic Winter Games in Pyeongchang, South Korea, after carrying the ceremonial flag last week.
Hall said: "It has been 8 years since Vancouver and I'm still in shock, pretty emotional. They pushed hard, skied well and towed me along the whole way".
"I personally describe the Paralympics as the adaptive division of the Olympic Games", she said.More news: German parliament confirms Chancellor Angela Merkel for 4th term
McKeever reached the podium by one minute, 26.5 seconds.
On Sunday, no live broadcasting of Paralympic games was scheduled by the three major South Korean TV networks with broadcasting rights, namely SBS, MBC, and KBS, despite South Korean athletes competing in a number of winter sports including sledge hockey, wheelchair curling, alpine skiing, and cross-country skiing. "I'll take any colour (medal)". But we know he's always going to keep up.
Asked if he was aware of just how long the drought had been, Patmore continued: "I don't know how long but, man, when you guys say first gold for a while and first male athlete for Summer and Winter, I'm really proud".More news: Aamir Khan to join Instagram on his 53rd birthday
The victory went to Jeroen Kampschreur of the Netherlands, who turned in a sizzling slalom time of 46.04 to vault from third place to first place.
- Browns still awaiting decision from star tackle Joe Thomas
- Apple to buy digital magazine service Texture
- Federer breezes into Indian Wells fourth round
- Teacher 'Accidentally' Fires Gun In Class
- Stewart reunites with Shula, Gettleman as he joins the Giants Video
- Murphy Has Big Plans, Unveils First Budget As NJ's Governor
- 'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald' trailer takes Potterheads back to Hogwarts
- Iran invites Pakistan, China to join India in Chabahar port project
- China Threatens Trade Retaliation against US Agricultural Commodities
- Bihar bypoll UPDATES: RJD leading in Araria, Jehanabad; BJP in Bhabua