This year's sporting action in PyeongChang is set to continue as the 12 Paralympic Winter Games get underway from March 9.
Otago Paralympic gold medallist Adam Hall continues to make his presence felt on the world stage after "an wonderful comeback" to win the bronze medal in the men's super combined event at the PyeongChang Paralympic Winter Games.
The 30-year-old from Dunedin won a bronze in his Men's super combined event, which uses times from the slalom and super giant slalom, and at one stage lead the timesheets.More news: Keenum Preparing to Sign with Denver
Mike Schultz of St. Cloud pulled off that unlikely trifecta on Monday, taking the gold in snowboard cross at the Paralympic Winter Games in Pyeongchang, South Korea, after carrying the ceremonial flag last week.
Hall said: "It has been 8 years since Vancouver and I'm still in shock, pretty emotional. They pushed hard, skied well and towed me along the whole way".
"I personally describe the Paralympics as the adaptive division of the Olympic Games", she said.More news: 'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald' trailer takes Potterheads back to Hogwarts
McKeever reached the podium by one minute, 26.5 seconds.
On Sunday, no live broadcasting of Paralympic games was scheduled by the three major South Korean TV networks with broadcasting rights, namely SBS, MBC, and KBS, despite South Korean athletes competing in a number of winter sports including sledge hockey, wheelchair curling, alpine skiing, and cross-country skiing. "I'll take any colour (medal)". But we know he's always going to keep up.
Asked if he was aware of just how long the drought had been, Patmore continued: "I don't know how long but, man, when you guys say first gold for a while and first male athlete for Summer and Winter, I'm really proud".More news: Pompeo and Circumstance: A 'Rexit' State of Affairs
The victory went to Jeroen Kampschreur of the Netherlands, who turned in a sizzling slalom time of 46.04 to vault from third place to first place.
- Broadcom to stay on deal path after Qualcomm halt, say analysts
- Walmart to Expand Grocery Delivery as Amazon Battle Intensifies
- Wenger: 'Lacazette out for Milan'
- Iran invites Pakistan, China to join India in Chabahar port project
- Browns still awaiting decision from star tackle Joe Thomas
- Stewart reunites with Shula, Gettleman as he joins the Giants Video
- Murphy Has Big Plans, Unveils First Budget As NJ's Governor
- German parliament confirms Chancellor Angela Merkel for 4th term
- Google is banning all bitcoin, ICO, and cryptocurrency ads from June
- Federer breezes into Indian Wells fourth round