Although Robbie had a short cameo in Brad Pitt's The Big Short, this will be the first time that the two are leading a film together as well.More news: Start-Up Warns Of AMD Chip Flaws In Unusual Publicity Campaign
Robbie has been the major pick for the role of Tate for a while, following reports Jennifer Lawrence was rejected because Tate's family thought she was "not pretty enough". Assuming she signs on the dotted line, she'll appear in a cast that already includes Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio.
It's going to be called Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, and will be set in Los Angeles in 1969. Leonardo DiCaprio is starring as Rick Dalton, a former popular television star struggling to make it in the movie business.More news: Kevin Love eyes return to Cavaliers next week: Inside Cavs-Suns
At the time of her murder, Sharon was married to controversial filmmaker Roman Polanski. Both are trying to make it in Hollywood. Tarantino's film has come under fire from Tate's sister Debra, who has accused the director of exploiting the tragic star and the 50th anniversary of her death next year (19).
While plot details for the film are still fairly thin on the ground, it sounds as though it won't focus exclusively around Manson or Tate, but will be more a tapestry of lives set against the late 60s LA backdrop.More news: Microsoft to add new Azure regions in Germany, Switzerland, UAE
The contours of the movie seem to be in place now, such that filming could start soon, with the movie having a release date by Sony Pictures of August 9, 2019.
- Serena Williams: 'My room for improvement is incredible'
- Dem operatives fume after Hillary disses Trump voters
- Chef Justin Carlisle of Ardent in Milwaukee advances toward Beard Award
- Trump fires Tillerson, a moderate; replaces him with hawkish spy chief Pompeo
- Pocket of air found where man's brain should've been
- Heynckes breaks Champions League record as Bayern march on
- Sunny skies in Boulder today with a high of 55
- Slovak junior government party wants early election if coalition collapses
- Warriors' Curry out at least four more games
- Miley Cyrus Is Being Sued Over Her 2013 Single 'We Can't Stop'