"We offered to participate in the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor". He also said that the Chabahar port project was not meant to "encircle Pakistan ... strangulate anybody", adding that Iran would not allow anybody to hurt Pakistan from its territory, much like Pakistan would not allow its soil to be used against Iran.
"We have also offered Pakistan and China to participate in Chahbahar", Zarif said while delivering a lecture at the Institute of Strategic Studies Islamabad (ISSI) that had been held to commemorate 70th anniversary of establishment of Pak-Iran diplomatic relations.
Pakistan's Dawn newspaper reported Zarif "sought to allay concerns here (in Pakistan) over Indian involvement in the Iranian port".More news: Albert Wilson intends to sign with Dolphins
He compared Iran's relations with India to Pakistan's ties with Saudi Arabia.
Islamabad, Mar 13 Pakistan has summoned India's Deputy High Commissioner J P Singh over the alleged harassment of officials and families of the Pakistan High Commission in New Delhi, according to Pakistan Foreign Affairs Ministry.
Pakistan's Army Chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa has told the visiting Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif that "wider cooperation in West Asia is needed" to tackle security challenges threatening the region. The issue was discussed at length in a meeting between Indian foreign secretary Vijay Gokhale.More news: Manchester United's Michael Carrick confirms retirement at end of season
Gwadar is a key part of the multi-billion dollar CPEC, a flagship project of China's Belt and Road Initiative that has been opposed by India as it passes through Pakistan-occupied Kashmir.
"Iran is always ready to help Pakistan meet its electricity demand to a great extent", he said, while recalling the number of advantages his country offered for Pakistan's economy and businessmnen. "I personally feel both the governments would have to sit together to remove tariff and non-tariff barriers, simplify the customs procedures and re-establish a banking channel after lifting of sanctions on Iran, speedy execution of Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline, signing of Free Trade Agreement, etc".More news: Jeff Goldblum Returns as Dr
- Positive energy, genuine affection in Sonia's dinner: Rahul
- IndiGo continues to operate with curtailed schedule, cancels 42 flights
- Rajya Sabha polls: Congress plays caste card in its nominations from Karnataka
- Storylines You Can Expect to See During This Is Us Season 3
- Pompeo and Circumstance: A 'Rexit' State of Affairs
- Amazon giving monthly free games to Twitch Prime users
- Trump considering Perry for veterans affairs secretary
- Championship round-up: Aston Villa slip to shock defeat against QPR
- Google is banning all bitcoin, ICO, and cryptocurrency ads from June
- No, a Massive Geomagnetic Storm Will Not Hit Earth on March 18