Bayern cruised to a 5-0 win at home in the first leg on February 20 behind braces from Robert Lewandowski and Thomas Muller.
Jupp Heyneckes still plays a strong team, however, starting with Robert Lewandowski, Thomas Muller and Franck Ribery all starting.
Bayern went 2-0 up following an own goal by Gokhan Gonul in the 46th minute. Picking the ball up in the centre of the park, it was Vidal who worked the ball out to Muller on the right wing, and the club captain produced an inch flawless cross into the area which was met by the first time finish of Thiago Alcantara.More news: Exxon Mobil (XOM) Receiving Somewhat Favorable Media Coverage, Study Finds
Sandro Wagner, though, restored Bayern's two-goal cushion with his first strike in the competition in the 84th minute.
Thiago limped off before half-time, giving Bayern an injury concern for the rest of the season.
Besiktas are unbeaten in their last six Champions League home games, though five of these have ended as draws (W1).More news: France Accuses Apple of Abusive Contracts, Will Sue Company
An innocuous right-wing cross from Rafinha should have been easy to clear, but Gonul poked the ball past Zengin under no pressure whatsoever.
Thankfully for Gonul, that remained the most freakish moment of the match for only a matter of minutes, before the appearance of a cat on the pitch brought the match to a brief halt.
Leipzig are winless in their last four league games and desperate to beat Bayern to boost their hopes of a Champions League place next season. - The last time Bayern won at least six consecutive games in a single European campaign was back in the 1995-96 UEFA Cup, when they won seven on the bounce on the way to lifting the trophy.More news: Grab forms venture with Japan's Credit Saison for lending services
Bayern would indeed take the lead on the night 18 minutes into the match courtesy of a lovely passage of play.
- Serena Williams: 'My room for improvement is incredible'
- YouTube to display Wikipedia 'facts' alongside conspiracy videos
- Russia: We will attack United States military if Trump strikes Syria again
- Slovak junior government party wants early election if coalition collapses
- Pi Day deals: Blaze Pizza, Papa Murphy's, Boston Market, more
- OPEC says US oil production to rise again in 2018
- Pocket of air found where man's brain should've been
- Kevin Love eyes return to Cavaliers next week: Inside Cavs-Suns
- Alicia Vikander leads the Tomb Raider reboot
- E3 2018 will be Xbox's 'Biggest Showing Ever' says Microsoft