Parliament is due to elect Merkel for her fourth term as chancellor on Wednesday, a record 171 days after Germans voted.
Merkel said she and her finance minister-designate, Olaf Scholz, would visit France after being sworn in, and "we will be able to say more than we could in December" at an European Union summit later this month.
Merkel's Christian Democrats and the Social Democrats, who have agreed to reenter a grand coalition together, have a total of 399 votes between them. Since October 24, 2017 she and her Cabinet continue as the acting government until a new government is formed. "Now full steam ahead for Germany".More news: Arun Jaitley files nomination for Rajya Sabha polls from Uttar Pradesh
Merkel, wearing a white blazer, said "I accept the vote" and beamed happily as applause filled the Bundestag chamber, where her scientist husband Joachim Sauer and her 89-year-old mother Herlind Kasner were among the well-wishers.
Ms Merkel is to be formally appointed by President Frank-Walter Steinmeier before taking the oath of office later this morning.
The pressure will be on the new government to immediately get down to business, after months of horse-trading and delayed decision-making. She has also stressed the necessity of securing Germany's borders, and developing policies to mitigate the causes of migration.More news: Vote counting in Gorakhpur, Phulpur, Araria today
The new "grand coalition" of Germany's biggest parties emerged after Merkel's attempt to forge an alliance with two smaller parties collapsed.
"(Merkel) said it's up to Russian Federation to quickly provide answers to the British government's justified questions and to heed the call to completely and immediately lay bare the relevant chemical weapons programme to the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons", Seibert said.More news: Famed theoretical physicist dies at 76
- Positive energy, genuine affection in Sonia's dinner: Rahul
- CNN's Tapper: Trump seems unable to fire people to their faces
- Trump considering Perry for veterans affairs secretary
- Aamir Khan to join Instagram on his 53rd birthday
- Broadcom to stay on deal path after Qualcomm halt, say analysts
- Retail inflation at 4-month low of 4.44 per cent
- Bihar bypoll UPDATES: RJD leading in Araria, Jehanabad; BJP in Bhabua
- India's Solar Financing May Have Peaked For Now at $10B in 2017
- QB Case Keenum plans to sign with Broncos
- Palace still open to probe despite UN High Commissioner's remarks vs Duterte