"Please do not wait for someone to come to your door and contact you in person to tell you to leave", county Sheriff Bill Brown said during a news conference Monday.
Residents who live near the site of a deadly January mudslide in Southern California were ordered to evacuate yet again Monday night amid fears that an incoming storm system could trigger more unsafe debris flows, but those orders were lifted Tuesday morning and everyone was allowed to go home.More news: Met Éireann forecasting snow showers for St Patrick's Day!
Authorities say a storm coming Tuesday is expected to bring rain heavy enough to potentially cause mudslides in the fire-scarred area where debris flows killed more than 20 people earlier this year. But those orders were lifted by 10:30 a.m. In addition, the online interactive Debris Flow Risk Map now shows changes to the risk areas from Extreme Risk to High Risk in the city of Carpinteria based on that city's staff analysis. Significant snowfall totals are expected at the higher elevations.
Santa Barbara County officials have created a website called ReadySBC.org, which is a great resource of information for those living in the affected areas, and you can register for alerts and search through lots of other weather related information.More news: Murphy Has Big Plans, Unveils First Budget As NJ's Governor
The first of three storms set to pass through Southern California this week began to drop rain on the region's recent burn areas Tuesday morning, but forecasters indicated the precipitation won't be as heavy as initially expected. In fact, he just packed up and left after a warning last week from another storm.
The rain amounts predicted for the storms, according to the National Weather Service, are about 0.3 to 0.5 inches per hour late Monday into Wednesday, about 0.3 inches per hour late Wednesday into Thursday and about 0.5 inches per hour on Friday into Saturday.More news: Milenina leads Russian medal haul in PyeongChang with cross-country sprint gold
- Bihar bypoll UPDATES: RJD leading in Araria, Jehanabad; BJP in Bhabua
- Philippines Duterte to issue notice of withdrawal from ICC
- Browns still awaiting decision from star tackle Joe Thomas
- Walmart to Expand Grocery Delivery as Amazon Battle Intensifies
- German parliament confirms Chancellor Angela Merkel for 4th term
- New Splinter Cell Game Spotted on Amazon Ahead of Announcement
- Wenger: 'Lacazette out for Milan'
- Suspect in Binghamton University student's death arrested in Nicaragua
- Stewart reunites with Shula, Gettleman as he joins the Giants Video
- Federer takes care of business, Djokovic crashes out