The Verge attributed the new information to "sources familiar with the company", and while Ybarra's tweet doesn't explicitly mean that the avatars aren't coming in April, it does debunk the idea that a firm release date has been set. But that was shattered today as Microsoft announced their "biggest E3 showing ever" for E3 2018.
Microsoft is planning to launch its new Xbox Live Avatars next month. We don't have all the facts yet, including what games will be on the show floor, but it seems like they're going big this year.
The new avatars will let you fully customize your online character with new body type options, clothing, and props.More news: Wenger: 'Lacazette out for Milan'
Microsoft has revealed the initial plans for what Xbox has in store for E3 2018.
As Microsoft has detailed in a recent blog post, the Xbox E3 2018 Briefing will be held in the Microsoft Theater, which happens to be located right across the street from the Los Angeles Convention Center.
"Not only does the Microsoft Theater allow us to centralize our Xbox presence at E3, but it's (sic) size enables us to include even more fans and partners in the Xbox E3 2018 Briefing than ever before", Microsoft said.More news: The Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ microcomputer promises more speed
Microsoft says that it will also have a "meaningful presence" at the LACC, including a booth dedicated exclusively to Mixer, its game streaming service.
The new avatar feature will likely go to the Xbox Insider program first, however, to get that feedback that Ybarra mentioned in the tweet, so look for more updates on the avatars leading up to their release, whenever that may be.
Microsoft will certainly have a lot of announcements to make at E3 2018 but it's tightlipped about them at this point in time.More news: Pre-registration for Warner Bros. Westworld mobile game is now open
- China congratulates Nepal President Bhandari on re-election
- 3 reasons Rams should consider signing Jordy Nelson following release
- Halep, Williams through to last eight
- Milenina leads Russian medal haul in PyeongChang with cross-country sprint gold
- Philippines Duterte to issue notice of withdrawal from ICC
- Pi Day deals: Blaze Pizza, Papa Murphy's, Boston Market, more
- Trump looks 'very strongly' at Larry Kudlow for chief economic adviser
- Exxon Mobil (XOM) Receiving Somewhat Favorable Media Coverage, Study Finds
- Stewart reunites with Shula, Gettleman as he joins the Giants Video
- Met Éireann forecasting snow showers for St Patrick's Day!