After Underbelly chef-owner Chris Shepherd ended the city's 22-year long drought by winning the award in 2014, chefs Justin Yu (Oxheart, Theodore Rex) and Hugo Ortega followed in 2016 and 2017, respectively.
Several Austinites have made the finalist list for the 2018 James Beard Awards.
Wolf has been named a semifinalist for the award 11 times.More news: Trump fires Tillerson, a moderate; replaces him with hawkish spy chief Pompeo
Post-Dispatch restaurant critic Ian Froeb is a member of the James Beard Awards restaurant and chefs awards committee.
This is the fourth year in a row that Carlisle has been nominated for a James Beard Award for Ardent.
Locals also earned four of the five nominations for Best Chef (Northeast). Christensen is the only new name in the category; Link and Hamilton were finalists previous year. FÖDA is also nominated in the 76 Seats and Over category for work on The Preacher's Son in Bentonville, Arkansas. She was also a nominee previous year.More news: Ex-President Lee Faces Questioning in Corruption Probe
Tova du Plessis, who owns Essen Bakery on East Passyunk Avenue, for baker; Talula's Table, Aimee Olexy's Kennett Square market/chef's table, for restaurant; Jesse Ito of Queen Village's Royal Izakaya for rising star chef; Teresa's Next Door in Wayne in the bar-program category; Pat O'Malley of the Hungry Pigeon in pastry; and Chef Vola's in Atlantic City for service. Take a look at the full list of finalists here.
Outstanding Wine, Beer or Spirits Professional: Finalist Miljenko "Mike" Grgich's claim to fame is making the 1973 Chateau Montelena Chardonnay that beat the best French white Burgundies at the Judgment of Paris in 1976. Results will be announced on Monday, May 7 at the James Beard Awards Gala in Chicago.More news: Google celebrated Pi Day with special Doodle
- Pi Day deals: Blaze Pizza, Papa Murphy's, Boston Market, more
- Toys'R'Us to begin shutting all United Kingdom stores as hundreds face redundancy
- New Splinter Cell Game Spotted on Amazon Ahead of Announcement
- China congratulates Nepal President Bhandari on re-election
- Slovak junior government party wants early election if coalition collapses
- Teachers back walkout protesting gun violence
- Russia: We will attack United States military if Trump strikes Syria again
- Halep, Williams through to last eight
- China Threatens Trade Retaliation against US Agricultural Commodities
- Pre-registration for Warner Bros. Westworld mobile game is now open