Outside of the first year Hyde will be carrying the rock in Cleveland, the rest of that money is unlikely to be around unless the veteran back forces the Browns to keep him around for all three years of the deal.More news: China Threatens Trade Retaliation against US Agricultural Commodities
More news: Teacher 'Accidentally' Fires Gun In Class
Hyde, 27, is a former Ohio State standout and Cincinnati native, averaging a school-best yards per carry average in his Buckeye career (6.1), a single season (7.3 in 2013) and a game (10.2 against IL in 2013). Barkley, ranked the best player in the draft by ESPN's Mel Kiper, has been in the discussion for the Browns - especially after he impressed at the combine. The 49ers have nine picks, including No. 9 and 59 overall in the first two rounds, and two picks in Round 3.More news: Wenger: 'Lacazette out for Milan'
He'll join Duke Johnson in the Browns backfield and will be part of an offense that's also adding wide receiver Jarvis Landry and quarterback Tyrod Taylor in a pair of trades. We were bullish on Hyde's fantasy football prospects a season ago as Shanahan arrived, and although he couldn't fully capitalize on that opportunity, this is another ideal one for Hyde with the Browns, who just signed former Steeler Chris Hubbard to round out their talented and high-priced offensive line. Fells caught 17 passes for 177 yards and three TDs for the Lions last season, but fills a need for the Browns because he is a good blocking tight end. However, in 2017 he played the full 16 games for the first time in his career. He also had 109 receptions for 634 yards and three touchdowns. In case you're wondering, yes, he's quite better than Isaiah Crowell. He played 14, seven and 13 games from 2014 through 2016. Hyde scored 21 touchdowns in his four season with the Niners and averaged 4.2 yards per carry.
- Murphy Has Big Plans, Unveils First Budget As NJ's Governor
- Federer takes care of business, Djokovic crashes out
- Things We Want to See When Iris Suits up on 'The Flash'
- German parliament confirms Chancellor Angela Merkel for 4th term
- Philippines Duterte to issue notice of withdrawal from ICC
- Stewart reunites with Shula, Gettleman as he joins the Giants Video
- Suspect in Binghamton University student's death arrested in Nicaragua
- Federer breezes into Indian Wells fourth round
- Google Plus Codes for Maps announced as digital location-based addressing system
- 3 reasons Rams should consider signing Jordy Nelson following release