The Texans started five players at the position in 2017 and the two-time Super Bowl champion would be a potential upgrade over any combination of Kendall Lamm, Julien Davenport, Chris Clark, Jeff Allen, and Breno Giacomini.
Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer reports the Giants are interested in free agent LT Nate Solder.More news: Federer breezes into Indian Wells fourth round
In addition to growing his popular ThomaHawk Show podcast, which he co-hosts alongside former Browns wide receiver Andrew Hawkins, Thomas has reportedly auditioned for broadcasting roles with national media outlets this offseason - something he didn't deny to WKYC last week. He made the Pro Bowl 10 straight times and played 10,363 consecutive snaps before a triceps injury suffered October 22 in a game against the Titans ended his incredible iron-man streak. He moved to left tackle his second season and protected Patriot quarterback Tom Brady's blind side the last six years.
According to Volin, the Browns - armed with more than $82 million in cap space - will present "stiff competition" to the Patriots in their quest to re-sign Solder. Giardi also reported that the Denver Broncos and Houston Texans appear to be the frontrunners to sign him. NY had its heart set on Andrew Norwell, but he signed with Jacksonville.More news: Apple to buy digital magazine service Texture
According to Spotrac, Solder could command up to $13.2 million a year in his new contract. The team is considering Nate Solder if the All-Pro does not return to the Browns.
Drafted No. 17 overall by the Patriots in the 2011 NFL Draft, Solder has been the starting left tackle for New England since the 2012 season. Thomas in January said doctors told him he would be cleared for football activities in June or July. "He knows how to get himself ready to play if he decides to play".More news: Broadcom to stay on deal path after Qualcomm halt, say analysts
The Cleveland Browns have gotten off to a spectacular start to the offseason following a couple of big-name trades. They have had a losing record in 10 straight seasons since then.
- IndiGo continues to operate with curtailed schedule, cancels 42 flights
- CNN's Tapper: Trump seems unable to fire people to their faces
- Bihar bypoll UPDATES: RJD leading in Araria, Jehanabad; BJP in Bhabua
- Aamir Khan to join Instagram on his 53rd birthday
- Google is banning all bitcoin, ICO, and cryptocurrency ads from June
- Rep. Stephanie Murphy: Trump's 'Big Game' on Guns Falls Short
- QB Case Keenum plans to sign with Broncos
- Three Men Charged With Minnesota Mosque Bombing
- Federer takes care of business, Djokovic crashes out
- Famed theoretical physicist dies at 76