In the run up to the biggest election of 2018, TNM brings you Poll Watch every Monday and Thursday.
The candidates include including former Maharashtra Chief Minister Narayan Rane, BJP General Secretary Saroj Pandey who will contest from Chhattisgarh, the party's Media Cell Convenor Anil Baluni from Uttarakhand, and Lt General DP Vats (retd) from Haryana. There seems to be a fight between Congress's third candidate and Farooq. The party, however, expects to get the support of seven JD (S) rebels and some independents and others. Assembly elections is Karnataka are expected in April/May.
Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) candidates Manoj Jha and Ashfaque Karim on Monday filed nomination papers for the biennial elections to the Rajya Sabha from Bihar, to be held on March 23, officials said. The Congress has fielded Dr L Hanumanthaiah, Dr Syed Naseer Hussain and GC Chandrasekhar. "This might split the votes of Congress MLAs".More news: Do Big Sean and Jhene Aiko Split Up Because of Nicole Scherzinger?
The opposition party is backing independent candidate P.K. Valera, a former bureaucrat, who threw his hat in the ring at the last minute due to technical hitches with Rathwa's candidature.
In the 224-member assembly, each candidate will require 44 votes to win a Rajya Sabha seat. Alphonse Kannanthanam from Kerala was already made a Union Minister. "Just looking at the ministers from the coastal district gives you a clue about the place". Agarwal said his son, an SP legislator, would vote for the BJP. The Bhumihars have switched loyalties from the Congress to the BJP, and Congress leaders believe they need the caste's support to revive the party in Bihar. "We don't take these comments seriously".
On Saturday, over 1000 Kasavanahalli residents of all ages - armed with placards - formed a human chain between Amrutha College to Play Arena.More news: Ronda Rousey on UFC return: 'WWE is what I enjoy right now'
Patel's victory had proved to be a morale booster for the Congress in the assembly elections in 2017 and the party put up a good show, ensuring that the BJP's tally did not touch three digits.
In any case, the Congress knows it can't win the RS seat.More news: Devil May Cry is the Latest Series Crossover for Monster Hunter
- Google Assistant adds iPad support, joins Alexa and Cortana as Siri rivals
- Championship round-up: Aston Villa slip to shock defeat against QPR
- Parliament stalemate continues, government, Opposition trade charges
- McLeish call-ups boost for Scotland youths, says Gemmill
- Trump tariff move could spark trade wars that will hurt all: WTO
- Queer Eye: Tom and ex-wife Abby are engaged!
- Cousins Plans to Sign with Vikings Thursday
- Instagram and Snapchat Temporarily Remove GIFs in Stories
- Vikings QB Case Keenum to sign with Broncos
- Retail inflation at 4-month low of 4.44 per cent