Apple did not disclose the financial terms of the deal.
"If you look at the number of subscribers Spotify and Apple Music have together versus the number of people listening to music around the world, or even the amount of traffic to our App Store - we have half a billion people visiting the App Store every week - music is just "this big" in the scheme of things", said Cue. Users can read digital copies of any of the magazines inside the Texture app.More news: Things We Want to See When Iris Suits up on 'The Flash'
Impressive catalogue of magazines "We're excited Texture will join Apple, along with an impressive catalogue of magazines from numerous world's leading publishers", Apple senior vice president of internet software and service Eddy Cue said in a statement. The company's push into aggregated content with its Apple News service has unsettled publishers which prefer to connect with consumers through first-part channels.
Texture will join a stable of Apple subscription options that are anchored by the company's music-screaming service, which has 36 million subscribers. We are committed to quality journalism from trusted sources and allowing magazines to keep producing beautifully designed and engaging stories for users.More news: Xiaomi Redmi Note 5, Note 5 Pro Goes On Sale Today
Apple has announced that it has finalized a deal to acquire magazine subscription service Texture, which is known as the "Netflix of magazine publishing". Apple and representatives from Texture didn't respond to requests for comment.
Unlike most Apple products, Texture will be available on devices powered by Google's Android software in addition to the iPhone and iPad. "We could not imagine a better home or future for the service".More news: Iran invites Pakistan, China to join India in Chabahar port project
- Aamir Khan to join Instagram on his 53rd birthday
- QB Case Keenum plans to sign with Broncos
- Rep. Stephanie Murphy: Trump's 'Big Game' on Guns Falls Short
- Google is banning all bitcoin, ICO, and cryptocurrency ads from June
- German parliament confirms Chancellor Angela Merkel for 4th term
- Famed theoretical physicist dies at 76
- CNN's Tapper: Trump seems unable to fire people to their faces
- IndiGo continues to operate with curtailed schedule, cancels 42 flights
- Amazon giving monthly free games to Twitch Prime users
- Pompeo and Circumstance: A 'Rexit' State of Affairs