Miami wasn't done there as reports emerged that receiver Albert Wilson is discussing a $24 million, three-year deal with the Dolphins. Wilson broke out for 42 catches, 554 yards, and three scores as primarily a slot receiver for the Chiefs last season, a spot the Dolphins need help following the Jarvis Landry trade. For his career, Wilson has 124 catches for 1,544 yards and seven touchdowns in 55 games.
Over his nine year career, Amendola has caught 426 passes for 4109 yards and 19 touchdowns. Thomas will become an unrestricted free agent once the new league year begins on Wednesday. The Browns are expected to sign Landry to a multi-year deal.More news: President Trump Wants To Create A 'Space Force' To Fight Space Wars
Earlier on Tuesday, the Dolphins released veteran linebacker Lawrence Timmons after one disappointing season.
Amendola, 32, is a nine-year National Football League veteran with 426 career receptions and 19 touchdowns, and since 2013 he has played in 13 postseason games with Brady and New England. He also attended Port St. Lucie High School in Florida.More news: Genes Affect Your Empathy Levels, Like Experiences Do
Timmons went AWOL on the eve of last year's opener, was briefly suspended and played poorly when he returned. Since joining the Dolphins, Aikens has played at cornerback, safety and been a significant contributor on special teams.
So that's good by the Dolphins, with them spending much less on Wilson than they were going to spend on Landry, whose contract could have backfired in the Dolphins' face.More news: Georginio Wijnaldum and Jordan Henderson cleared for Manchester United trip
His departure clears $5.5 million in cap space for Miami.
- Google Assistant adds iPad support, joins Alexa and Cortana as Siri rivals
- Stephanie Skipper on The Voice Tells Kelly Clarkson "Don't Apologize"
- Instagram and Snapchat Temporarily Remove GIFs in Stories
- Bournemouth face winger woes ahead of Tottenham clash
- Bangor University staff to remain on strike after pension deal rejected
- Virginia's DeAndre Hunter to Miss NCAA Tournament After Suffering Wrist Injury
- Manchester United's Michael Carrick confirms retirement at end of season
- Queer Eye: Tom and ex-wife Abby are engaged!
- Supreme Court bars foreign lawyers and firms from practising law in India
- Parliament stalemate continues, government, Opposition trade charges