This is March, so it's finally time to reveal the 2018 NCAA women's bracket.
The Huskies (32-0) enter the NCAA Tournament as the lone unbeaten team and went wire-to-wire as the unanimous top team.
We spent nearly seven hours on that decision of who those last four teams in and first four out were, NCAA womens basketball committee chair Rhonda Bennett said. "Notre Dame did have the top strength of schedule in the country and they did have the best strength of schedule in the country and they had nine more top-50 wins than Baylor and those were the reason that the committee put Notre Dame on that one line and Baylor on that two line".
'We've won a national championship as a two seed, we've won it as a one seed, ' she said.More news: Top 10 NFL Free Agents On The Market
For those looking for a UConn-Mississippi State rematch, those two are on opposite sides of the bracket, so we could get just that in the national championship game. In last year's championship game, she was the star who scored 23 points on 15 shots, and grabbed 10 boards.
The Lexington Regional is stacked with former NCAA Tournament winners with Baylor the two-seed, Tennessee the three and Stanford the four.
In the first and second rounds of the women's tournament, games are played on the home courts of the top 16 seeds. Yeah, go ahead and play them and tell me they are a mid-major team. Buffalo, Creighton, Minnesota and Oklahoma got in.
Now that the dust (and general angst and anger) has settled on the men's selection show Sunday, it's time for a new crop of debates.More news: European Union extends Russian Federation sanctions for 6 more months for meddling in Ukraine
"Our fans will travel very well, because it's right up the road", said QU coach Tricia Fabbri. If Notre Dame advances, the Irish would head out west to potentially face No. 2 seed Oregon.
Brackets are brackets. There are good teams in every bracket, UConn coach Geno Auriemma said. We saw that past year. Spoiler: UConn is going to make it!
The Irish are the #1 seed in the Spokane region and will open up NCAA Tournament play Friday at 5pm at Purcell Pavilion against 16th seeded Big West Conference champion, Cal St Northridge.More news: NCAA Tournament: Florida State receives second straight berth
- Jürgen Klopp: Liverpool will carry on paying big money in transfer market
- NASA's People's Assembly Suspended
- Helicopter Chartered For Photography Shoot Crashes In New York City
- Spotify Enlists Its Users to Add Music Metadata
- Jets now lead National Football League in cap space following Browns trades
- Hillary Clinton: United States "doesn't deserve Trump"
- So who is the worst Premier League manager ever, Jose?
- Hong Kong pro-democracy camp suffers election setback
- ''Bookkeeper of Auschwitz'' Oskar Groening dies before starting sentence
- Iowa state senator Bill Dix caught kissing lobbyist in bar