The No. 8 seeded Tigers will open the tourney against the No. 9 seeded Florida State Seminoles in Nashville.
Missouri senior guard Jordan Barnett will miss the school's NCAA Tournament opener while serving a one-game team suspension following an arrest on suspicion of driving while intoxicated.
The selection committee released its field Sunday night.
Confetti rained from the heavens and streamers snaked through the air on Sunday in St. Louis as Kentucky claimed the Southeastern Conference Tournament crown. The Gators could do nothing to help or hinder their NCAA Tournament seeding.More news: Salma Hayek And Frida Kahlo's Family Object Barbie Doll
And Loyola out of the Valley will play Miami Thursday in Dallas. The highly regarded prospect is talented enough to spearhead the Tigers in the NCAA tournament, but he figures to be plenty rusty after missing essentially the entire season following back surgery.
"I'll just be very, very clear", he said at the time.
If Davis is wrong and the Gators win, their corner of the bracket features No. 1 seed Villanova, No. 2 seed Purdue, No. 3 seed Texas Tech, No. 4 seed Wichita State and No. 5 seed West Virginia ahead of them. The Seminoles will face No. 8 Missouri in the first round on Friday in Nashville.
Overall, the Noles have made 16 appearances in March Madness, last making the Sweet 16 in 2011. This team has already reached what most fans would say was their number one goal before the season, they've made the dance.More news: PA blames Hamas after explosion targets Palestinian PM entering Gaza
Even though the vast majority of bracket projections had the Tigers safely in the field, pegged by most as an 8 or 9 seed, the players and coaches erupted when Missouri popped up on the screen.
The Seminoles' season was one of close wins and close losses, but they're not heading into the NCAA Tournament with much momentum. The 2018 tournament will mark FSU's 16th appearance.
Martin was pleased with the draw considering the relatively short trip - at least compared to other host sites in San Diego, Pittsburgh and Charlotte, N.C. - and the late Friday tip-off, which gives his team another practice day to work Michael Porter Jr. back into the rotation. Michigan, Gonzaga and Ohio State round out the top five seeds in the West Region.More news: A Whippet named Tease wins best in show at Crufts
- Where could Kim Jong-un meet Donald Trump?
- Man attacks SUV with sledgehammer as driver tries to flee crash
- Rad claims fourth gold medal for Ukraine at 2018 Winter Paralympics
- Rain & Snow Early, Slowly Clearing Skies Tomorrow
- Newly-released DoD video purportedly shows Navy pilot's encounter with UFO
- After Ivan Rakitic, Philippe Coutinho supports Neymar's Barcelona return from PSG
- The Death Star No Longer, 'American Idol' Still Draws a Crowd
- Tata Sons said to raise $1.38 billion in upsized TCS offering
- Trump's massive tariff announcement is twisting the political world in knots
- Cholesterol drug significantly reduced patients' risk of death in trial