The Chiefs only rolled over about $2.6 million in salary cap space from last season, so freeing up space to address their leaky defense - and perhaps help new quarterback Patrick Mahomes II with some offensive weapons - was of paramount importance for new general manager Brett Veach. "We think we have some good young players and feel comfortable with them". "He's built a tremendous legacy here in Kansas City, and we wish him the best as he moves forward".
Hali has played in 177 total games with the Chiefs dating back to his rookie season in 2006, when he was the team's first round pick. Yet that will be the reality moving forward with the news that the Chiefs have made a decision to release Hali, per Adam Schefter. Hali had two career interceptions, returning one for a TD and also tallied one safety. He leaves the Chiefs with 89.5 career sacks and 33 forced fumbles. He is one of only 15 players in team history to play in over 175 games with the Chiefs.More news: Andy Mitten: No issue between Pogba and Mourinho
Hali dealt with knee issues last season and appeared in a career-low five games, recording one tackle.
The Chiefs released linebacker Derrick Johnson after 14 seasons earlier this offseason and agreed to trade cornerback Marcus Peters to the Los Angeles Rams at the end of February.More news: Boots Riley's "Sorry to Bother You" Looks Insanely Funny from First Trailer
Hali originally came to the United States after escaping from the war-torn African nation of Liberia when he was 10 years old.More news: Governor Invites Trump To Visit California's Central Valley
- Benue killings: Fayose lampoons Buhari's ignorance about IGP's disregard for his order
- Ten People Face Drug-Related Charges
- Iowa state senator Bill Dix caught kissing lobbyist in bar
- So who is the worst Premier League manager ever, Jose?
- Nagaland: Former CM Zeliang under NIA radar in extortion case
- Hearthstone kicks off the Year of the Raven with The Witchwood expansion
- Bills Trade Cordy Glenn to Bengals
- Google Pay now allow users to send money via Google Contacts
- WWW inventor says the Web is "under threat"
- European Union extends Russian Federation sanctions for 6 more months for meddling in Ukraine