Mark Hamill's time with Star Wars might be done, but there's no shortage of storytelling opportunities with Luke Skywalker. This year, for the very first time, St. Patrick's Festival appoints an International Guest of Honour.
A New Hope Brief InformationA New Hope, originally released as Star Wars, is a 1977 American epic space opera film written and directed by George Lucas. Since the opening of Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Ireland's Wild Atlantic Way has been catapulted to global fame, having been filmed in some of the most spectacular spots on Ireland's western coastline, from the northern-most point in County Donegal to the magnificent cliffs and headlands of Counties Clare, Cork and Kerry.More news: Experts Are Investigating A Cluster Of Lung-Related Deaths In Dentists
Showdown on Crait, shows the process of how the idea for the foxes came to be, how the design process evolved, and how both practical and digital effects artists worked together to bring the elegant creatures to the big screen.
Putting out a tweet, N.J can't have anticipated the response, with over 113,000 likes in just 5 days and a galaxy of Star Wars luminaries including Mark Hamill and Ashley Eckstein sending encouraging replies.
Mark also has family links to Ireland as his great-grandmother Elizabeth Keating was born in Kilkenny in the 1800s. A second family line connects Mark to the Harvey family, possibly from Donegal, who were starvation immigrants that settled in America. These are Mark's great-great-grandparents.More news: Rad claims fourth gold medal for Ukraine at 2018 Winter Paralympics
The special guest is chosen each year for their special connection or affinity with Ireland, with Mark being selected because of his love for the country and also as he recently filmed scenes for "Star Wars" in Ireland. "The Force" will be strong at this weekend's Saint Patrick's Day Parade.More news: After Ivan Rakitic, Philippe Coutinho supports Neymar's Barcelona return from PSG
- Budget session of Parliament: Stalemate on Day 6, protests continue
- PA blames Hamas after explosion targets Palestinian PM entering Gaza
- Broadcom's proposed Qualcomm bid blocked on security grounds
- Trump's massive tariff announcement is twisting the political world in knots
- World stocks bask in U.S. jobs data glow
- Trump foresees 'tremendous success' in coming talks with N. Korea
- ''Bookkeeper of Auschwitz'' Oskar Groening dies before starting sentence
- Bills have 'some interest' in QB Sam Bradford — NFL free agency
- Newly-released DoD video purportedly shows Navy pilot's encounter with UFO
- Woods, Els to be named Presidents Cup captains