The Swedish-based service gives users access to millions of songs from all major record labels, including a large selection of South African artists, they can choose to stream the music or download it for later listening if they upgrade their account.
After this trial, the Premium tier costs 59.99 South African Rand a month - equivalent to around USA $5.More news: Tamba Hali released by Kansas City Chiefs
By experimenting with the tool, Line-In, it hopes to better understand how Spotify listeners interpret music, so that it can improve experiences for both listeners and artists. The leading streaming music provider remains Spotify, which has 71 million paid customers for its premium service.
Some of the data categories listeners are invited to make suggestions for include: explicitness, genre, aliases, languages, mood, tags, artist roles, and external URLs. "Over the past few months, we've confirmed our beliefs that listeners care deeply about the content on Spotify-they want the data to be useful and accurate", the spokesperson said.More news: Andy Mitten: No issue between Pogba and Mourinho
ITWeb is attending the official launch on Tuesday and will provide more details as they become available. Last we heard, Apple just last month noted that Apple Music had 36 million subscribers, which is to say the company's streaming service saw a 5% bump in users in just about four weeks time.
And this month, it revealed in its F-1 filing with the SEC that it had amassed a total of 200 petabytes (about 200,000 terabytes) of data about music and the way its users access it.More news: Apple adds Musical Comedy From Bob's Burgers Creator
- Governor Invites Trump To Visit California's Central Valley
- WWW inventor says the Web is "under threat"
- LeBron James free agency: Cavs star impressed by young Lakers
- European Union extends Russian Federation sanctions for 6 more months for meddling in Ukraine
- Serena Williams Is Launching Her Own Cosmetics Company
- Nagaland: Former CM Zeliang under NIA radar in extortion case
- Drew Brees, Saints taking contract talks down to the wire
- Trump charges Ross with pushing European Union to lower tariffs, European Union demurs
- Iowa state senator Bill Dix caught kissing lobbyist in bar
- RS polls: 7 candidates throw hats into the ring for 6 seats