'I read something, some quote from the worst manager in the history of the Premier League, Frank de Boer saying it's not good for Rashford to have a coach like me, ' he said ahead of United's clash with Sevilla.
"If he was coached by Frank he would be coached how to lose because he lost every game".
Rashford, who scored a brace to hand United a 2-1 win over rivals Liverpool on the weekend, hasn't been a regular feature in the side as of late, but his heroics against the Reds must have given Mourinho something to think about.
That record was brought up as Mourinho went after the Dutchman, having been irked by the former Palace manager saying it was "pity" for Rashford to be playing under the United boss given his preference for short-term success over player development.More news: LeBron James free agency: Cavs star impressed by young Lakers
"If you go to his numbers and how many matches he played with me last season and this season, maybe I am wrong, but I would say he is probably in the top five players with the most matches over two seasons".
'If he has one or two not good games, he puts him out.
De Boer started this season in charge of Palace but lasted just four Premier League games as the Eagles were bottom of the table, winless and goalless. I have to be honest and give the credit to the people of the academy that were responsible for his formation, and to Mr (Louis) Van Gaal who was responsible for his first season.
Of course, Mourinho was made aware of De Boer's comment at his Monday press conference, and the Portuguese was fairly merciless in his response.More news: Benue killings: Fayose lampoons Buhari's ignorance about IGP's disregard for his order
"The result in the first leg leaves everything open, we don't feel we have any advantage, we are going to try to prove we are better but we don't have any advantage at all". I said that before the Liverpool match when many of you were maybe not expecting him to start.
"He's very young, he needs games". He starts some and comes from the bench in others. He's a player we trust.
"Does he play every match from the start? Analysing a performance for me is more than number of goals or assists, and for me I'm really happy with Marcus".More news: RS polls: 7 candidates throw hats into the ring for 6 seats
- Google Pay now allow users to send money via Google Contacts
- PLANET ALPHA Is Coming To All Major Systems Thanks To Team17
- Bills Trade Cordy Glenn to Bengals
- Apple adds Musical Comedy From Bob's Burgers Creator
- Drew Brees, Saints taking contract talks down to the wire
- Andy Mitten: No issue between Pogba and Mourinho
- Trump charges Ross with pushing European Union to lower tariffs, European Union demurs
- Boots Riley's "Sorry to Bother You" Looks Insanely Funny from First Trailer
- Governor Invites Trump To Visit California's Central Valley
- ELN Says Ready to Resume Peace Talks with Colombian Gov't