Last season Watkins recorded 39 catches for 593 yards and eight touchdowns in 15 games.
The big, physical receiver (6-1, 211 pounds) specializes in stretching defenses vertically. With the Rams, though, that mostly benefited the likes of Robert Woods, Cooper Kupp and Todd Gurley underneath.More news: Jose Mourinho SLAUGHTERS Frank de Boer after Marcus Rashford criticism
The arrival of Watkins will mean another potent weapon for second-year Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes, who will take over as the starter in Kansas City this season following the trade of Alex Smith to the Washington Redskins.
Injuries plagued him in 2016, when Watkins played eight games and caught 28 passes for 430 yards and two touchdowns. And while he only turns 25 in June, his previous two seasons don't scream $30 million guaranteed.More news: Joy Behar finally apologizes for mocking Christians
Hitchens had 84 tackles and a forced fumble last season in Dallas and helps fill the void left by Derrick Johnson, who was released by the Chiefs earlier this offseason.
The Colts missed out on guard Andrew Norwell and linebacker Anthony Hitchens and while it seems they were in the mix for Watkins, that price tag was likely too high for Ballard.More news: LG is rolling out Android Oreo to V30 phones on Verizon
- Korea in focus as biggest Paralympics 2018 opens
- Man United midfielder Carrick announces summer retirement
- Spring Statement: OBR revises up GDP; Inflation to fall to 2%
- Apple Allowing Companies To Create Lightning To 3.5mm Cables
- Where could Kim Jong-un meet Donald Trump?
- REXIT: Trump Bumps Pompeo Up To State, Picks New CIA Director
- Cholesterol drug significantly reduced patients' risk of death in trial
- We're In! Seminoles Selected To Play in NCAA Tournament
- United States detecting some Taliban interest in Afghan peace talks - Mattis
- Kagiso Rabada given two-match ban after Steve Smith collision