Smith got benched in his first game with the Raiders after getting burned by New Orleans' Brandin Cooks for a 98-yard touchdown.More news: Trump gearing up for re-election, not trade war with China
Smith was charged with assault back in August for allegedly beating and stomping on the head of his sister's boyfriend on the morning of July 4, 2017.
When Smith first inked a four-year contract with the Raiders for a whopping $38 million, it was enough to stave off every other suitor in the team's hopes to remedy their pass defense.More news: Syrian forces advance against Ghouta rebels
According to Nathan Fenno of the Los Angeles Times, Smith is expected to plead guilty Tuesday to a felony count of assault with great bodily injury. Smith contributed to a lackluster Oakland secondary, and though he intercepted Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott twice in one game, was largely inconsistent on the year.
Smith first reached the National Football League as a member of the Miami Dolphins and spent the first four years of his career as their starting cornerback.More news: Pakistan welcomes Iran's call for expansion of trade ties
Smith allowed just 15 catches on 27 targets for 202 yards with no touchdowns and two interceptions over the final six games for a passer rating of 64.1 as Pagano better took advantage of Smith's size and strength. TJ Carrie, who started all 16 games in 2017, is set to become a free agent. The 30-year-old played well for the Raiders down the stretch last season, after a year and a half of disappointing production. The Raiders released David Amerson, a starter last season when he was healthy, in February.
- Jets now top National Football League in cap Space
- Cameron Diaz Has Retired From Acting, Says Selma Blair
- Kirk Cousins to make decision on new team this week
- January Nebraska jobless rate matches December 2.9 percent
- EPL: What Wenger said on Arsenal's 3-0 defeat of Watford
- Apple Acquires 'Texture', a Digital Magazine Subscription Service
- Tom Brady: 'Miracle' to win AFC Championship game without Rob Gronkowski
- Ruckus in Telangana house; council chairman injured as Cong MLA throws headphone
- Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos soiled himself during win over Eibar
- Bradenton's gas prices are nearly a nickel cheaper this week