Smith got benched in his first game with the Raiders after getting burned by New Orleans' Brandin Cooks for a 98-yard touchdown.More news: Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos soiled himself during win over Eibar
Smith was charged with assault back in August for allegedly beating and stomping on the head of his sister's boyfriend on the morning of July 4, 2017.
When Smith first inked a four-year contract with the Raiders for a whopping $38 million, it was enough to stave off every other suitor in the team's hopes to remedy their pass defense.More news: Russia Defence Ministry releases video of hypersonic missile test
According to Nathan Fenno of the Los Angeles Times, Smith is expected to plead guilty Tuesday to a felony count of assault with great bodily injury. Smith contributed to a lackluster Oakland secondary, and though he intercepted Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott twice in one game, was largely inconsistent on the year.
Smith first reached the National Football League as a member of the Miami Dolphins and spent the first four years of his career as their starting cornerback.More news: Trump reiterates call for death penalty for drug dealers
Smith allowed just 15 catches on 27 targets for 202 yards with no touchdowns and two interceptions over the final six games for a passer rating of 64.1 as Pagano better took advantage of Smith's size and strength. TJ Carrie, who started all 16 games in 2017, is set to become a free agent. The 30-year-old played well for the Raiders down the stretch last season, after a year and a half of disappointing production. The Raiders released David Amerson, a starter last season when he was healthy, in February.
- Family files lawsuit over lost embryos at OH hospital
- Liverpool secured their place in UCL quarter final
- Kirk Cousins to make decision on new team this week
- Air Canada says systems back online
- Evoni Williams, Waffle House Worker Gets College Scholarship For Act Of Kindness
- Pakistan welcomes Iran's call for expansion of trade ties
- Explore More Assassin's Creed Origins with Curse of the Pharaohs
- INDvAUS, Women's 1st ODI: Nicole Bolton's century guides visitors to emphatic win
- #1 UVA beats #12 UNC; wins ACC Tourney title
- Trump could tap Microsoft alum Liddell as economic adviser