Smith got benched in his first game with the Raiders after getting burned by New Orleans' Brandin Cooks for a 98-yard touchdown.More news: Syrian forces advance against Ghouta rebels
Smith was charged with assault back in August for allegedly beating and stomping on the head of his sister's boyfriend on the morning of July 4, 2017.
When Smith first inked a four-year contract with the Raiders for a whopping $38 million, it was enough to stave off every other suitor in the team's hopes to remedy their pass defense.More news: Djokovic beaten by world number 109
According to Nathan Fenno of the Los Angeles Times, Smith is expected to plead guilty Tuesday to a felony count of assault with great bodily injury. Smith contributed to a lackluster Oakland secondary, and though he intercepted Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott twice in one game, was largely inconsistent on the year.
Smith first reached the National Football League as a member of the Miami Dolphins and spent the first four years of his career as their starting cornerback.More news: Tom Brady: 'Miracle' to win AFC Championship game without Rob Gronkowski
Smith allowed just 15 catches on 27 targets for 202 yards with no touchdowns and two interceptions over the final six games for a passer rating of 64.1 as Pagano better took advantage of Smith's size and strength. TJ Carrie, who started all 16 games in 2017, is set to become a free agent. The 30-year-old played well for the Raiders down the stretch last season, after a year and a half of disappointing production. The Raiders released David Amerson, a starter last season when he was healthy, in February.
- Cameron Diaz Has Retired From Acting, Says Selma Blair
- INDvAUS, Women's 1st ODI: Nicole Bolton's century guides visitors to emphatic win
- Air Canada says systems back online
- Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos soiled himself during win over Eibar
- Family files lawsuit over lost embryos at OH hospital
- Jets now top National Football League in cap Space
- Trump reiterates call for death penalty for drug dealers
- Microsoft's Slack competitor is getting Cortana integration and message translation
- India, Pakistan accuse each other of harassing diplomatic staff
- Pakistan welcomes Iran's call for expansion of trade ties