He pointed out that the Egyptian delegation, which returned to Gaza today, will meet with Deputy Prime Minister Ziad Abu Amr, stressing that what is required is the strict and faithful implementation of the agreement signed in Cairo, hoping that the resumption of the Egyptian efforts will lead to results. No one was injured and security services had begun an investigation, ministry spokesman Eyad Al-Bozom said.
Hamdallah was reportedly visiting Gaza, along with Palestinian intelligence chief Majid Faraj, to open a water treatment plant that the Palestinian Authority helped finance.More news: Man attacks SUV with sledgehammer as driver tries to flee crash
There was no claim of responsibility, but the official Wafa news agency said the West Bank-based Palestinian Authority held Gaza's Hamas rulers accountable.
FILE PHOTO: Palestinian Prime Minister Rami Hamdallah waves upon his arrival, in the northern Gaza Strip October 2, 2017. Gunfire was reported shortly after the explosion.More news: GameMaker Studio 2 adds Nintendo Switch support
Hamas has ruled Gaza since it ousted the Fatah-led PA in 2007.
"The situation in Gaza requires political processing before being dealt with as a humanitarian case as Washington promotes", said Majdalani, and that the USA conference is "part of the liquidation project aiming at detaching the Gaza Strip from the West Bank and eliminating the possibility of establishing the Palestinian state on the borders of 1967".More news: Trump's massive tariff announcement is twisting the political world in knots
U.S. President Donald Trump's senior adviser Jared Kushner, U.S. special envoy Jason Greenblatt and officials from the National Security Council will present proposals for improving the humanitarian situation in Gaza at a White House "brainstorming session" on Tuesday, a senior White House official said, according to Axios.
- NCAA Tournament: Florida State receives second straight berth
- Budget session of Parliament: Stalemate on Day 6, protests continue
- Bills have 'some interest' in QB Sam Bradford — NFL free agency
- A Whippet named Tease wins best in show at Crufts
- Apple Maps Now Shows Bike Sharing Stations in Montreal, Toronto and Beyond
- After Ivan Rakitic, Philippe Coutinho supports Neymar's Barcelona return from PSG
- Oregon Ducks to open NCAA women's tournament against Seattle
- Helicopter Chartered For Photography Shoot Crashes In New York City
- Broadcom's proposed Qualcomm bid blocked on security grounds
- US House speaker urges Donald Trump to drop new tariffs plan