Being the fifth seed in the west, Ohio State and their fans should be cautious as their game versus 12th seed South Dakota State should be on upset alert.
GW is 18-17 in its 17 all-time appearances in the NCAA Tournament. Who will they be playing and where. Defensively, Ohio State yields 66.7 points per game against the opposing teams. Ohio State finished third four times (1944, 1945, 1946, 1968). (16.1), Reed Tellinghuisen (12.0) and Tevin King (9.3).More news: Trump reiterates call for death penalty for drug dealers
When the at-large bids were announced during the Selection Show, it was no surprise to see Ohio State's name called.
The Buckeyes and Jackrabbits will play Thursday on the campus of Boise State University.More news: Tesla suspended Model 3 production in late February
Kaleb Wesson #34, Mike Watkins #24, Keita Bates-Diop #33 and Andrew Dakich #13 of the Ohio State Buckeyes celebrate the play against the Penn State Nittany Lions during the quarterfinals of the Big Ten Basketball Tournament at Madison Square Garden on March 2, 2018 in New York City. Bates-Diop leads in rebounds with 8.8 while Jackson tops in assists with 3.9.
It's the same position the Buckeyes occupied after an early exit from the Big Ten tournament and is right about where you'd expect a No. 5 seed should be. One of four active head coaches to win at least one NCAA Tournament game in his first three years at a school, Holtmann is 4-3 in NCAA Tournament contests, advancing to the "Sweet 16" a season ago.More news: Nagaland: Former CM Zeliang under NIA radar in extortion case
If Ohio State were to advance past South Dakota State, they will face the victor between Gonzaga, the 4-seed, and 13th-seeded UNC-Greensboro.
- Yankees signing Neil Walker for $5 million, AP source says
- Apple adds Musical Comedy From Bob's Burgers Creator
- ELN Says Ready to Resume Peace Talks with Colombian Gov't
- Saudi Arabia not ready for Aramco IPO this year
- WWW inventor says the Web is "under threat"
- #1 UVA beats #12 UNC; wins ACC Tourney title
- Explore More Assassin's Creed Origins with Curse of the Pharaohs
- Jets now top National Football League in cap Space
- Raiders release CB Sean Smith, RT Marshall Newhouse
- Family files lawsuit over lost embryos at OH hospital