As TBS meandered through the NCAA Tournament brackets on Sunday, the intriguing local scenario still was alive and feasible and seemed semi-inevitable. The Tigers' program was so irrelevant, so far from the tournament bubble and not even an afterthought on selection Sunday, when 68 teams are chosen and seeded for the sport's showcase event.More news: Hillary Clinton: United States "doesn't deserve Trump"
According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Missouri coach Cuonzo Martin said Barnett would be available for the Tigers if they advance past the first round. The Tigers will face Florida State in the first round. North Carolina Central University/Texas Southern victor on Sunday also in Nashville.
Overall, the Noles have made 16 appearances in March Madness, last making the Sweet 16 in 2011.More news: Jürgen Klopp: Liverpool will carry on paying big money in transfer market
Florida State head coach Leonard Hamilton has been with the Seminoles for 16 years (since 2002).
This is Mizzou's 27th appearance in the NCAA Tournament.More news: 'A harrowing five minutes': Dallas-bound flight makes emergency landing in Albuquerque
As most experts predicted, the strength of the Seminoles' quality wins apparently outweighed any concerns about their late-season losses. They will play Florida State in Nashville on Friday with the victor of that likely facing one seeded Xavier. They had three wins over top 25 teams including #5 Florida, #12 North Carolina and #11 Clemson. But they have size on their bench, and by size I mean two players over seven feet tall who average over 10 minutes a game. Also in double figure scoring are seniors Phil Cofer (13.1 ppg) and Braian Angola (12.9 ppg).
- Thala Ajith and Boney Kapoor to join hands?
- Benue killings: Fayose lampoons Buhari's ignorance about IGP's disregard for his order
- Tamba Hali released by Kansas City Chiefs
- LeBron James free agency: Cavs star impressed by young Lakers
- Victor of $560M Powerball jackpot can stay anonymous, U.S. state judge rules
- Trump charges Ross with pushing European Union to lower tariffs, European Union demurs
- Boots Riley's "Sorry to Bother You" Looks Insanely Funny from First Trailer
- Federer wins, Djokovic out at Indian Wells
- Jets now lead National Football League in cap space following Browns trades
- DGCA grounds 11 Airbus aircraft over IndiGo's mid-air engine failure