While some are applauding Affleck and Damon pushing for more inclusivity on their own projects, others may give them the side eye for their own roles and past comments and alleged actions on inclusivity and sexual harassment.
The producing partners will use the riders, which allow actors to require diversity in the cast and crew of a film production as part of their contracts, in future projects through their company Pearl Street Films.More news: Bears expected to retain top 3 RFAs with $1.9M tenders
Two Broke Girls creator Whitney Cummings explained to us all non-movie folk what it was on Twitter, saying: 'An inclusion rider is something actors put into their contracts to ensure gender and racial equality in hiring on movie sets.
Michael B. Jordan attends the European Premiere of "Black Panther" at Eventim Apollo on February 8, 2018 in London.More news: REXIT: Trump Bumps Pompeo Up To State, Picks New CIA Director
"Thank you for always supporting broader representation in the industry", Cox DiGiovanni tweeted. See her tweet in full below.
"Franssen's leadership in developing and rolling out the inclusion rider began the first day we met in February 2016".
"For those of you asking about the #InclusionRider, it's created to ensure equitable hiring in supportive roles for women, POC, the LGBT community, & people w/disabilities", the tweet said. The inclusion clause aims to promote diversity in casting and crew memberships.More news: Kagiso Rabada given two-match ban after Steve Smith collision
- Joy Behar finally apologizes for mocking Christians
- Man United midfielder Carrick announces summer retirement
- SBI slashes non-maintenance charges of minimum balance by 75 per cent
- LG is rolling out Android Oreo to V30 phones on Verizon
- Craig Mack Dead: Bad Boy Records Rapper Dies, Aged 46
- Secretary Of State Rex Tillerson Fired, Replaced By CIA Director Mike Pompeo
- Spring Statement: OBR revises up GDP; Inflation to fall to 2%
- Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (NASDAQ:DKS) To Release Earnings
- Buffalo Bills, Star Lotulelei agree to 5-year deal
- Go-Ahead Group (GOG) Rating Reiterated by Canaccord Genuity