The incident happened Sunday morning, when the driver of a Nissan Infiniti crossed into oncoming traffic on Biscayne Boulevard and crashed into three cars at Northeast 36th Street.
An arrest report said he may have been high on narcotics. The cause of the crash is now unknown. In the end, however, he makes it out of the scene only to be found by the police later. He then starts bashing in the windows of the auto, starting at the driver's side and working his way around the entire vehicle.
It's there that the auto comes to a stop again when another SUV blocks the lane.
One man bangs on its windows, while another shakes his fists furiously and tries to open the car's locked door screaming 'Don't move'.More news: Bills have 'some interest' in QB Sam Bradford — NFL free agency
The driver remains obstinate in his resolve to leave and refuses to budge from the vehicle. And, lo and behold, one man just jumps out of his white van with a sledgehammer and starts going to town on the vehicle.
The was no immediate information about the charges the driver may be facing and why the SUV was apparently trying to flee the crash scene.
Despite the man's attempt to flee, police say he was ultimately found and taken into custody.
As the driver of an Infiniti SUV tried to leave the scene of a crash, other drivers attempted to pull him from his vehicle then wreaked havoc on the SUV itself.More news: Ryan Coogler Pens Heartfelt Letter to Ava DuVernay
The images show several people running after the Infiniti - trying to box it in.
ABC affiliated Local 10 News reported the accounts of an eyewitness present at the scene.
"That's insane. You know, you have a crash, you stop", witness Anthony Jimenez said.More news: WOMEN'S NCAA: UConn, Irish, Louisville, Miss St top seeds
- Victor of $560M Powerball jackpot can stay anonymous, U.S. state judge rules
- Experts Are Investigating A Cluster Of Lung-Related Deaths In Dentists
- Helicopter Chartered For Photography Shoot Crashes In New York City
- Jürgen Klopp: Liverpool will carry on paying big money in transfer market
- Spotify Enlists Its Users to Add Music Metadata
- NCAA Tournament: Florida State receives second straight berth
- Democrat holds slim lead on eve of PA-18 election, poll finds
- Bollywood Singer Aditya Narayan Arrested For Rash Driving
- Hillary Clinton: United States "doesn't deserve Trump"
- Apple Maps Now Shows Bike Sharing Stations in Montreal, Toronto and Beyond