The company has announced the Android Oreo update for Xperia R1 and Xperia R1 Plus on its official Twitter handle. It will bring all the expected Oreo features to the V30 such as picture-in-picture mode, smart text selection, and improved notification settings. These two phones were launched exclusively for the Indian market back in October past year, and Sony had promised an Android Oreo update for the two at launch. Additionally, some users have since reported issues like app crashes and touch unresponsiveness after updating to Oreo. The software update is 1.7 GB. The updates also include a security patch update for the two Xperia devices.More news: Kagiso Rabada given two-match ban after Steve Smith collision
While this version of Android Oreo for the LG V30 does include security updates up to the February 1 patch, the update only bumps the Android version of the phone to 8.0.0, despite a version 8.1 already available for some time now. Users can manually check for the updates by going to Settings About Phone System Update.More news: Man attacks SUV with sledgehammer as driver tries to flee crash
Apart from that, FoneArena cites user reports to claim the Xperia R1 and Xperia R1 Plus will also get features such as Xperia actions - an intelligent service that suggests actions based on interaction with games on the phone, contextual menus for app shortcuts, reminders for unfinished emails and messages, and more. The units were introduced in India with different RAM and storage. Coming to the specifications, the smartphones feature a 5.2-inch HD display with a screen resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels. The Sony Xperia R1 Plus has a bigger 3GB RAM and 32GB storage. Under the hood, both of them are powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 processor. Both smartphones have a 13-megapixel camera at the rear with Predictive Hybrid Autofocus and an LED flash. On the connectivity front, both of them supports, 4G VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth 4.2, USB Type-C, WiFi and dual-SIM support. Both the smartphones are backed by a 2620mAh battery.More news: Telford council: 'Bring child exploitation review forward'
- Budget session of Parliament: Stalemate on Day 6, protests continue
- Cholesterol drug significantly reduced patients' risk of death in trial
- Woods, Els to be named Presidents Cup captains
- Where could Kim Jong-un meet Donald Trump?
- The Death Star No Longer, 'American Idol' Still Draws a Crowd
- Apple Allowing Companies To Create Lightning To 3.5mm Cables
- Rain & Snow Early, Slowly Clearing Skies Tomorrow
- A Whippet named Tease wins best in show at Crufts
- Rad claims fourth gold medal for Ukraine at 2018 Winter Paralympics
- Newly-released DoD video purportedly shows Navy pilot's encounter with UFO