The Reds headed to Old Trafford in confident mood and perched just two points behind their old adversaries in the Premier League table.
Klopp's side are next in action at home against Watford next Saturday.
He told Liverpool's official website: "It's really hard to take". They played a lot of long balls and we were not there. It doesn't work like this.More news: Spotify Enlists Its Users to Add Music Metadata
"We didn't, so that was the problem around the two goals [and] they could use these situations. I would say that's decent money but it looks like, 'what's that?' Everybody asks Roma, 'How can you do that?' That's unusual".
"Before the two goals, after the two goals, I thought we were dominant".
"I know how the situation is, people are saying that they play a specific kind of football and we play a specific kind of football... everybody makes a big thing of it but it's all about winning".
Liverpool found themselves two goals down at half-time after two goal-kicks that were won superbly by Romelu Lukaku were twice punished by Rashford.More news: RS polls: 7 candidates throw hats into the ring for 6 seats
"First of all, we don't need to concede the two goals in the first half; for the rest, it was hard to break them down, they sit and hope for the best on the break", the defender continued.
'Are we under pressure?
"I try in every game to score, to do something different, but I'm happy about the results and about what we have right now". "We will carry on, of course, but in the moment it's a big disappointment". If he is breached then United need to change the way they play and really open up, which they don't want to do with Liverpool's counter-attack being so brilliant.More news: Google Pay now allow users to send money via Google Contacts
- European Union extends Russian Federation sanctions for 6 more months for meddling in Ukraine
- Jets now lead National Football League in cap space following Browns trades
- Governor Invites Trump To Visit California's Central Valley
- Ohio State Men's Basketball Headed Back To NCAA Tournament
- LeBron James free agency: Cavs star impressed by young Lakers
- Andy Mitten: No issue between Pogba and Mourinho
- DGCA grounds 11 Airbus aircraft over IndiGo's mid-air engine failure
- So who is the worst Premier League manager ever, Jose?
- Boots Riley's "Sorry to Bother You" Looks Insanely Funny from First Trailer
- Hong Kong pro-democracy camp suffers election setback