I heard the worst manager in the history of the Premier League, Frank de Boer - seven games, seven defeats, zero goals - saying that it was bad for Rashford to be managed by me because he would never play.
"'It's a pity that his manager is Mourinho because you want to give him time and he can make mistakes".
De Boer, though, suggested after the game that Rashford would be better off playing under a manager other than Mourinho. He wants to get results.More news: 'American Idol': 5 Audition Highlights From the Premiere & More Thoughts
Rashford was the star of the show in the Red Devils' blockbuster encounter with bitter rivals Liverpool, finding the back of the net with two magnificent finishes - the first of which has drawn several comparisons to Cristiano Ronaldo.
Mourinho was referencing De Boer's stint with Crystal Palace at the start of the season in which he took charge of seven PL games winning none, losing all and scoring no goals in the process. "I would say he was in the top five with more matches for two seasons", Mourinho said. Of course, with Marcus, I have to be honest and give the credit to the people in the academy who were responsible for his formation; I have to leave credit to Louis van Gaal, who was responsible for his first season in the first team. "He's very young. He needs games, he's so talented - you want to see this player every week".
Mourinho continued to play down expectations by maintaining that his team are not among the Champions League favourites, and disputed that going out tonight would be a disaster.More news: The Death Star No Longer, 'American Idol' Still Draws a Crowd
'I try to give the best to the kid.
"A disaster?" he said."We won 2-1 against Liverpool and there were some who said it was a disaster". We have a game on Tuesday and I can imagine, if we lose against Sevilla, everybody will forget what we did in the past couple of weeks. "I don't think we're among the five candidates to win the competition".
"I'm not upset with the fans about Rashford", Mourinho said after the match.More news: Potential trade war threatens global economic growth, OECD warns
Paul Pogba remains a doubt with a leg injury picked up in training last week.
- Craig Mack Dead: Bad Boy Records Rapper Dies, Aged 46
- Matt Le Tissier: Mauricio Pellegrino was too negative at Southampton
- Rain & Snow Early, Slowly Clearing Skies Tomorrow
- Bourdais Snatches Victory at IndyCar Opener in Dramatic Finish
- We're In! Seminoles Selected To Play in NCAA Tournament
- Apple Allowing Companies To Create Lightning To 3.5mm Cables
- PA blames Hamas after explosion targets Palestinian PM entering Gaza
- Korea in focus as biggest Paralympics 2018 opens
- Cholesterol drug significantly reduced patients' risk of death in trial
- Man United midfielder Carrick announces summer retirement