Iowa Starting Line, a progressive political website, posted a story Monday showing a man they say is Dix, seeming to kiss a woman, whom they say is a lobbyist in Des Moines.
"With what little I know, I'm certainly disappointed in what I'm hearing", Reynolds told reporters".
The website did not identify the woman shown in the video but described her "as a lobbyist for various municipality groups".
"Liberal activist judges are threatening our family values and you can count on me to be a leader in Congress who will stand up to them and work to pass this amendment to the United States Constitution", Dix said at the time. I'm hoping to meet with Leader Dix this afternoon and better understand what the facts are. "I want to know the facts".
While Dix declined to "elaborate" on the circumstances surrounding his resignation as majority leader and as state senator, ashen faced Iowa Republican lawmakers found themselves forced to respond to alluding rumors, with Republican Senate President Jack Whitver issuing a statement.More news: PLANET ALPHA Is Coming To All Major Systems Thanks To Team17
Sen. Charles Schneider, R-West Des Moines, filled in for Dix at the start of Monday's session and the majority leader did not make any public comments during the day's proceedings. She said she is disappointed in what she is hearing.
That website said the video came from an anonymous person who saw the two in a bar and recognized Sen. Dix.
A married Republican senate leader with questionable tenure has resigned after video emerged showing him 'making out' with a woman in a bar.
Senate Minority Leader Janet Petersen, a Des Moines Democrat, released a statement calling the video a "serious matter".More news: Andy Mitten: No issue between Pogba and Mourinho
"Because this involves Senator Dix and a lobbyist, there will be questions about the impact of this relationship on legislation", Petersen added.
In Nov., he held a rambling press conference in which he claimed that a report prepared by the Senate staff showed that harassment was no longer a problem in the Republican caucus.
The Iowa Legislature has since hired a human resources director to oversee harassment complaints at the state Capitol.
Iowa Republican Governor Kim Reynolds told reporters Monday she planned to meet with Sen.
Dix, 55, is a third-generation farmer whose district covers Butler, Grundy, Hardin and Story counties.More news: WWW inventor says the Web is "under threat"
- LeBron James free agency: Cavs star impressed by young Lakers
- Tesla suspended Model 3 production in late February
- Saudi Arabia not ready for Aramco IPO this year
- Nagaland: Former CM Zeliang under NIA radar in extortion case
- Boots Riley's "Sorry to Bother You" Looks Insanely Funny from First Trailer
- Trump charges Ross with pushing European Union to lower tariffs, European Union demurs
- European Union extends Russian Federation sanctions for 6 more months for meddling in Ukraine
- Apple adds Musical Comedy From Bob's Burgers Creator
- Serena Williams Is Launching Her Own Cosmetics Company
- Met Opera sacks legendary conductor Levine after abuse probe