As announced earlier through an announcement video with Hearthstone developers, The Witchwood expansion is the first one of the Year of the Raven and will release in mid- April, meaning there's about a month for Blizzard to reveal all of the set's cards. The citizens of this proud kingdom, who can shapeshift into ferocious wolf-beasts known as worgen, are bringing the fight to The Witchwood with tooth and claw-and soon, Hearthstone players will join the pack and help them face down the horrors within.
Information in this press release that involves Blizzard Entertainment's expectations, plans, intentions or strategies regarding the future, including statements about pricing, preorder dates, release dates, features, and functionality of the The Witchwood expansion for Hearthstone, as well as the release dates, features, and functionality of Monster Hunts, are forward-looking statements that are not facts and involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Cards that read "Echo" can be played multiple times in the same turn. For the rest of your turn, you can play these echoes as long as you have the mana. Rush will also be introduced, working in a similar effect to Charge, except this time affecting Minions exclusively. There are also new Worgen cards - my personal favorite - which will swap their health and attack values each turn, and minions that reward you for building a deck using only cards that have either an even or odd cost.More news: Cameron Diaz Has Retired From Acting, Says Selma Blair
Here's a preview of seven new cards coming to the expansion.
The expansion's new Monster Hunt mode is similar to the Dungeon Run from Kobolds & Catacombs in that it pits players against a series of eight increasingly hard encounters leading into a big boss fight. As one of four new heroes you've got to make it through eight increasingly challenging battles that culminate in a boss fight. They'll have to survive eight increasingly hard brawls in order to face the boss fight that waits for them in the heart of the wood.More news: Bradenton's gas prices are nearly a nickel cheaper this week
The Witchwood is now available for pre-purchase on Blizzard's store for $49.99 and comes with 70 decks filled with new cards. "Monster Hunt will release two weeks after The Witchwood launches".
Curious players can keep up with the now announced cards here.More news: Nagaland: Former CM Zeliang under NIA radar in extortion case
- Yankees signing Neil Walker for $5 million, AP source says
- WWW inventor says the Web is "under threat"
- Ruckus in Telangana house; council chairman injured as Cong MLA throws headphone
- Trump reiterates call for death penalty for drug dealers
- Jets now top National Football League in cap Space
- Liverpool secured their place in UCL quarter final
- ELN Says Ready to Resume Peace Talks with Colombian Gov't
- House Intel finds 'no evidence of collusion' between Trump campaign and Russian Federation
- Trump could tap Microsoft alum Liddell as economic adviser
- Explore More Assassin's Creed Origins with Curse of the Pharaohs