But the International Monetary Fund said "it would not be able to support the draft law" that President Petro Poroshenko submitted to parliament and lawmakers approved on March 1.
The sanctions were first imposed by the European Union against people involved in the violation of Ukraine's territorial integrity in 2014 when Russian Federation occupied and illegally annexed Ukraine's Crimea region.
The EU imposed sanctions on Russian Federation three years ago after it annexed Ukraine's Crimean Peninsula and refuses to recognize Moscow's authority there.More news: Benue killings: Fayose lampoons Buhari's ignorance about IGP's disregard for his order
President Petro Poroshenko and Vice President of the European Commission - High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy Federica Mogherini have agreed to enhance cooperation in fighting fake news.
While Mogherini was in Kiev on Monday, the European Union announced the extension for another six months of its sanctions against Russian Federation, imposed over the annexation of Crimea and support for rebels in eastern Ukraine.
The EU threw its support behind Ukraine after the 2013-14 Maidan protests led to the ousting of Moscow-backed President Viktor Yanukovych.More news: LeBron James free agency: Cavs star impressed by young Lakers
The West threw its backing behind Ukraine after the 2013/2014 Maidan protests brought a pro-Western government to power, but since then critics have accused Poroshenko and the government of dragging their feet over reforms.
During the briefing, Mogherini said the anti-corruption court should be independent and should be created in line with the conclusions of the Venice Commission.More news: Google Pay now allow users to send money via Google Contacts
- Tesla suspended Model 3 production in late February
- Drew Brees, Saints taking contract talks down to the wire
- Raiders release CB Sean Smith, RT Marshall Newhouse
- Russia Defence Ministry releases video of hypersonic missile test
- Boots Riley's "Sorry to Bother You" Looks Insanely Funny from First Trailer
- Saudi Arabia not ready for Aramco IPO this year
- Hearthstone kicks off the Year of the Raven with The Witchwood expansion
- Thala Ajith and Boney Kapoor to join hands?
- Bills Trade Cordy Glenn to Bengals
- Ohio State Men's Basketball Headed Back To NCAA Tournament