That's not acceptable, according to Indian regulator DGCA, which said the manufacturer had "no concrete proposal in place at this stage". This had led to the grounding of three aircrafts by Indigo.
"We are working closely with our customers to minimise disruption". To be sure, only a handful of A-320 Neos in IndiGo and GoAir fleets have this specific series of PW engine. "We are working to mitigate the.situation by the end of the second quarter", said a statement from Pratt, a unit of United Technologies Corp.
The directive followed instances of the engines shut-down during flights and rejected take-offs involving the A320 neo family aircraft. "We have complied immediately", a GoAir spokesperson said.More news: Trump reiterates call for death penalty for drug dealers
"We are in receipt of the communication from the DGCA and we shall promptly comply with the directions of the DGCA". Upon implementation of the directive, IndiGo shall have a total of nine A320neo aircraft on ground.
With this, all the A320neo aircraft with PW1100 engines beyond serial number 450 have been taken off operation in India.
The decision to ground the 11 planes, fitted with a certain series of Pratt & Whitney engines, was taken after 186 passengers on an IndiGo flight from Ahmedabad to Calcutta via Lucknow had a mid-air scare when one of the engines failed.More news: WWW inventor says the Web is "under threat"
European safety regulator EASA had in February this year released emergency airworthiness directive for A320 neo planes fitted with PW1100 engines having a particular serial number.
On February 13, DGCA had said that it was monitoring engine glitches to ensure that safety is not compromised at any time.
The Directorate General of Civil Aviation in its statement has asked the airlines not to refit the affected engines.More news: LeBron James free agency: Cavs star impressed by young Lakers
Aircraft manufacturer Airbus now offers two engine choices for its Airbus A320 Neos: P&W Pure Power PW1100G-JM and the CFM LEAP-1A engines of CFM. IndiGo has one of the largest A320neo fleets with 32 aircraft.
- Yankees signing Neil Walker for $5 million, AP source says
- Ohio State Men's Basketball Headed Back To NCAA Tournament
- Governor Invites Trump To Visit California's Central Valley
- Andy Mitten: No issue between Pogba and Mourinho
- Djokovic beaten by world number 109
- Nagaland: Former CM Zeliang under NIA radar in extortion case
- PLANET ALPHA Is Coming To All Major Systems Thanks To Team17
- Kirk Cousins to make decision on new team this week
- Russia Defence Ministry releases video of hypersonic missile test
- Jets now top National Football League in cap Space