Rapper Craig Mack has passed away at age 46, after suffering heart failure on Monday evening.
The New York Daily News reports Mack died of heart failure near his SC home on Monday.More news: United States detecting some Taliban interest in Afghan peace talks - Mattis
Mack was spotted by Sean Combs, better known as Puff Daddy and records label in the 1990s, and released his first single under the name MC EZ in 1998. He was filmed decrying his former life as "wickedness", but did release an album in 2017, The Mack World Sessions. He released just one other album, Operation: Get Down, in 1997. More recently he has devoted his life to religion.
The success of the album was propelled by Flava In Ya Ear, particularly the remix, which featured Notorious BIG, LL Cool J and Busta Rhymes.
"Nobody got to understand his story", Toney said to the Daily News. "He was a good friend of mine", Toney told the newspaper.More news: Rain & Snow Early, Slowly Clearing Skies Tomorrow
Mack is survived by a wife and two children, who are both adults, Toney said. "He wasn't scared. He was ready", said the music producer. "It was something I wanted people to enjoy, but it was cut short because he was very religious and wanted to go to church". "I wanted the world to know the talent he had".
"I just got a disturbing phone call".
Mack left the music industry shortly thereafter and resurfaced in 2012 when he espoused his religious beliefs in a YouTube video upon joining the Overcomer Ministry church in Walterboro.More news: Cholesterol drug significantly reduced patients' risk of death in trial
Brooklyn's DJ Scratch remembered Mack as the hardworking roadie who helped set up and break down his turntables on tours.
- Trump's massive tariff announcement is twisting the political world in knots
- Where could Kim Jong-un meet Donald Trump?
- World stocks bask in U.S. jobs data glow
- The Death Star No Longer, 'American Idol' Still Draws a Crowd
- GameMaker Studio 2 adds Nintendo Switch support
- Oregon Ducks to open NCAA women's tournament against Seattle
- Newly-released DoD video purportedly shows Navy pilot's encounter with UFO
- Tata Sons said to raise $1.38 billion in upsized TCS offering
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Featurette Brings The Crystal Foxes To Life
- Sevilla the most important game of the season: Matic