Dana White said in January that he was going to give Punk another shot, and his second career fight will happen in the ideal place.
Responding to a scathing tweet asking when we'd see Punk "cry again" inside the cage, the ex-WWE star announced that he'd be shedding tears for a very different reason (victory) on 9 June.More news: Chicago Bears adding Eagles Super Bowl star TE Burton
Punk, who lives in his native Chicago, immediately said he meant to fight again but has been relatively quiet since. The fight ended in the first round, with Punk forced to tap to a rear-naked choke.
"June nine, after I win and lock eyes with my lovely wife, embrace my coaches and shout out my entire team", the ex-wrestler replied.
After a standout career as a professional wrestler, Punk made his debut with the Las Vegas-based promotion at UFC 203, where he was soundly defeated by Mickey Gall via first-round submission on September 10, 2016.More news: Matt Damon and Ben Affleck's Production Company Will Adopt "Inclusion Riders"
As TMZ Sports noted, this is the date of UFC 225 in Chicago, which happens to be his hometown. The event takes place at United Center. He trains out of Roufusport in Milwaukee. The former WWE Superstar continues to drop hints about having his second fight at UFC 225.
Jackson (0-1-0) is also winless as a professional MMA fighter, dropping his debut bout to Mickey Gall at UFC Fight Night 82 in February of 2016.More news: Mourinho brutally honest over Man Utd's Champions League chances
- United Kingdom watchdog asks financial businesses to complete Brexit survey
- Google guru Page tests flying taxis in New Zealand
- Trump's Personal Assistant Fired Over Security Issue
- Sammy Watkins to sign three-year deal with Chiefs
- Texas high school students injured in Disney trip bus plunge
- This 3D Printed Small Concrete House Costs Just $10000
- Apple Announces WWDC 2018
- Two in hospital after suspicious package at Muslim MP office
- Mubadala Petroleum acquires 10% stake in Egypt's Shorouk Concession
- Russian exile found dead in London in unexplained circumstances