Without Burton's contributions, though, Philadelphia might not have been in the proper situation.
The Bears will also sign kicker Cody Parkey, who connected on 21 of 23 FG attempts (91.3 percent) past year for the Miami Dolphins, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.More news: Matt Damon and Ben Affleck's Production Company Will Adopt "Inclusion Riders"
Despite playing just 27 percent of the Eagles' offensive snaps last season, Burton caught 23 passes for 248 yards and a career-high five touchdowns.
The 26-year-old University of Florida product shined in the Eagles' 43-35 victory over the Los Angeles Rams in Week 14. He will be paid as a starter with the Bears.More news: Bears expected to retain top 3 RFAs with $1.9M tenders
The Chicago Bears and tight end Trey Burton reached an agreement Tuesday on a four-year, $32 million contract. In 2016, he caught 37 passes for 327 yards and 1 touchdown. That should mean good fantasy things for Burton, but he might have to compete with 2017 second-rounder Adam Shaheen for targets. The Ashland University product showed only occasional flashes and finished with 12 receptions for 127 yards (10.6-yard average), although three of his receptions went for touchdowns.
But the Bears want Burton for his receiving ability, not his passing ability. For the Gators, Burton played tight end, wide receiver, fullback, and quarterback.More news: Two in hospital after suspicious package at Muslim MP office
- SBI slashes non-maintenance charges of minimum balance by 75 per cent
- 'American Idol': 5 Audition Highlights From the Premiere & More Thoughts
- Fitbit Hopes for 'Mass Appeal' with New $199 USD Versa Smartwatch
- AT&T-Time Warner Brand Feds' Case Against Deal 'Pale & Thin'
- American Idol premiere on ABC is least-watched in history
- Sammy Watkins to sign three-year deal with Chiefs
- Aadhaar Linking Deadline Extended: 5 Developments So Far
- Craig Mack Dead: Bad Boy Records Rapper Dies, Aged 46
- Secretary Of State Rex Tillerson Fired, Replaced By CIA Director Mike Pompeo
- Man United midfielder Carrick announces summer retirement