Thirdly, even if Naidu can still make an attempt to attract a few more MLAs by threats or intimidations (there is attempt to get YSRC MLA Kotamreddy Sridhar Reddy from Nellore arrested in an alleged betting case), it would only bring a bad name to the TDP among the people and that might prove counter-productive in the coming days. It's people's money, paid as taxes. TDP has pulled out its ministers from the Modi government, but said it would remain a part of the NDA.
MLC Buddha Venkateswara Rao said backward regions of Rayalaseema and North Andhra districts needed special assistance and the BJP members should take it up with the party high command because they were from Andhra Pradesh.
Chandrababu Naidu said that he recalled PM Modi's speech in which he said that "the Congress killed the mother (Andhra Pradesh) by delivering a baby (Telangana)". On Friday, for the fifth consecutive day, members continued to protest on issues such as bank fraud, special status to Andhra Pradesh and setting up of Cauvery water management board.More news: Victor of $560M Powerball jackpot can stay anonymous, U.S. state judge rules
Naidu urged the agitated members to go back to their seats and allow the House to conduct the Zero Hour.
He also charged the centre with deliberately postponing action on the issue and finding excuses and propagating that he had accepted what the centre had said.
First, the TDP can not seek the support of the four BJP MLAs, since the relations between the two parties are strained beyond fix despite the fact that the TDP continues to be a part of the NDA and an ally of the BJP. So I am requesting... "He asked why the BJP which included in its election manifesto a promise that it would grant Special Category Status (SCS) had not done it though four years had passed".More news: Experts Are Investigating A Cluster Of Lung-Related Deaths In Dentists
Referring to Finance Minister Arun Jaitley's "sentiment" remarks, the TDP supremo said Telangana was formed only on sentiment. "You cant forget that fact".
However, the resigning union ministers said that the TDP would continue to be part of the BJP-led NDA government but none of its members would hold ministerial positions.
He, however, had promised Andhra Pradesh funds equivalent to what a special category state receives and said his government was committed to meeting all promises made to Andhra Pradesh at the time of carving out Telengana.More news: Top 10 NFL Free Agents On The Market
- After Ivan Rakitic, Philippe Coutinho supports Neymar's Barcelona return from PSG
- Calm before the storm? North Korea still mum on Trump summit
- John Cena Challenges The Undertaker to a Match at WrestleMania
- Democrat holds slim lead on eve of PA-18 election, poll finds
- Bills have 'some interest' in QB Sam Bradford — NFL free agency
- WOMEN'S NCAA: UConn, Irish, Louisville, Miss St top seeds
- Hillary Clinton: United States "doesn't deserve Trump"
- Apple Maps Now Shows Bike Sharing Stations in Montreal, Toronto and Beyond
- US House speaker urges Donald Trump to drop new tariffs plan
- Drunk bride crashed vehicle en route to nuptials, cops say — WEDDING CRASHER