Thirdly, even if Naidu can still make an attempt to attract a few more MLAs by threats or intimidations (there is attempt to get YSRC MLA Kotamreddy Sridhar Reddy from Nellore arrested in an alleged betting case), it would only bring a bad name to the TDP among the people and that might prove counter-productive in the coming days. It's people's money, paid as taxes. TDP has pulled out its ministers from the Modi government, but said it would remain a part of the NDA.
MLC Buddha Venkateswara Rao said backward regions of Rayalaseema and North Andhra districts needed special assistance and the BJP members should take it up with the party high command because they were from Andhra Pradesh.
Chandrababu Naidu said that he recalled PM Modi's speech in which he said that "the Congress killed the mother (Andhra Pradesh) by delivering a baby (Telangana)". On Friday, for the fifth consecutive day, members continued to protest on issues such as bank fraud, special status to Andhra Pradesh and setting up of Cauvery water management board.More news: Mohammed Shami row : Kolkata police seek details of cricketer's travel from BCCI
Naidu urged the agitated members to go back to their seats and allow the House to conduct the Zero Hour.
He also charged the centre with deliberately postponing action on the issue and finding excuses and propagating that he had accepted what the centre had said.
First, the TDP can not seek the support of the four BJP MLAs, since the relations between the two parties are strained beyond fix despite the fact that the TDP continues to be a part of the NDA and an ally of the BJP. So I am requesting... "He asked why the BJP which included in its election manifesto a promise that it would grant Special Category Status (SCS) had not done it though four years had passed".More news: Democrat holds slim lead on eve of PA-18 election, poll finds
Referring to Finance Minister Arun Jaitley's "sentiment" remarks, the TDP supremo said Telangana was formed only on sentiment. "You cant forget that fact".
However, the resigning union ministers said that the TDP would continue to be part of the BJP-led NDA government but none of its members would hold ministerial positions.
He, however, had promised Andhra Pradesh funds equivalent to what a special category state receives and said his government was committed to meeting all promises made to Andhra Pradesh at the time of carving out Telengana.More news: Man attacks SUV with sledgehammer as driver tries to flee crash
- Experts Are Investigating A Cluster Of Lung-Related Deaths In Dentists
- WOMEN'S NCAA: UConn, Irish, Louisville, Miss St top seeds
- Trump foresees 'tremendous success' in coming talks with N. Korea
- Hillary Clinton: United States "doesn't deserve Trump"
- Drunk bride crashed vehicle en route to nuptials, cops say — WEDDING CRASHER
- A Whippet named Tease wins best in show at Crufts
- 'Chilling': Virat Kohli shares picture of wife Anushka Sharma kissing him
- Federer wins, Djokovic out at Indian Wells
- After Ivan Rakitic, Philippe Coutinho supports Neymar's Barcelona return from PSG
- John Cena Challenges The Undertaker to a Match at WrestleMania