Lakeith Stanfield (Atlanta) plays Cassius Green, a lackadaisical telemarketer who realizes he has the power to speak with a "white voice" (voiced by David Cross). Elements like Cassius' disembodied white voice (dubbed by actor/comedian David Cross) or the wildly weird settings appear in the trailer with so much surreal editing and design, suggesting a strong social thriller element.
From here on, Cassius literally changes his voice, accent and tone to mimic a white man's, immediately skyrocketing into success and falling into a macabre world where the stakes only get higher.More news: Met Opera sacks legendary conductor Levine after abuse probe
However, he soon stumbles onto the freakish, macabre and enigmatic secrets behind the megacorporation he works for, and has to decide if his values and beliefs are worth more to him than money - even if it's a whole lot of money. Watch the Sorry to Bother You trailer in the player below and check out new photos and character posters in the gallery underneath!
Boots Riley also wrote the film, and at SXSW he spoke about breaking conventions out of "wanting to have people engage with the film in a different way, to not be able to guess exactly what will happen".More news: Apple adds Musical Comedy From Bob's Burgers Creator
More news: Benue killings: Fayose lampoons Buhari's ignorance about IGP's disregard for his order
- Andy Mitten: No issue between Pogba and Mourinho
- ELN Says Ready to Resume Peace Talks with Colombian Gov't
- Saudi Arabia not ready for Aramco IPO this year
- DGCA grounds 11 Airbus aircraft over IndiGo's mid-air engine failure
- Hong Kong pro-democracy camp suffers election setback
- Russia Defence Ministry releases video of hypersonic missile test
- Trump could tap Microsoft alum Liddell as economic adviser
- Kirk Cousins to make decision on new team this week
- PLANET ALPHA Is Coming To All Major Systems Thanks To Team17
- Governor Invites Trump To Visit California's Central Valley