Lakeith Stanfield (Atlanta) plays Cassius Green, a lackadaisical telemarketer who realizes he has the power to speak with a "white voice" (voiced by David Cross). Elements like Cassius' disembodied white voice (dubbed by actor/comedian David Cross) or the wildly weird settings appear in the trailer with so much surreal editing and design, suggesting a strong social thriller element.
From here on, Cassius literally changes his voice, accent and tone to mimic a white man's, immediately skyrocketing into success and falling into a macabre world where the stakes only get higher.More news: Russia Defence Ministry releases video of hypersonic missile test
However, he soon stumbles onto the freakish, macabre and enigmatic secrets behind the megacorporation he works for, and has to decide if his values and beliefs are worth more to him than money - even if it's a whole lot of money. Watch the Sorry to Bother You trailer in the player below and check out new photos and character posters in the gallery underneath!
Boots Riley also wrote the film, and at SXSW he spoke about breaking conventions out of "wanting to have people engage with the film in a different way, to not be able to guess exactly what will happen".More news: Nagaland: Former CM Zeliang under NIA radar in extortion case
More news: Ohio State Men's Basketball Headed Back To NCAA Tournament
- Trump could tap Microsoft alum Liddell as economic adviser
- Andy Mitten: No issue between Pogba and Mourinho
- Apple adds Musical Comedy From Bob's Burgers Creator
- Bills Trade Cordy Glenn to Bengals
- Djokovic beaten by world number 109
- House Intel finds 'no evidence of collusion' between Trump campaign and Russian Federation
- Met Opera sacks legendary conductor Levine after abuse probe
- Raiders release CB Sean Smith, RT Marshall Newhouse
- Ten People Face Drug-Related Charges
- Hearthstone kicks off the Year of the Raven with The Witchwood expansion