On Monday afternoon, the Buffalo Bills included left tackle Cordy Glenn in a trade package that allowed them to move up in the 2018 NFL Draft. At pick 21, the Bills would be asking a team near the top of the draft to make an unprecedented move. "The move also clears Glenn's cap numbers of $12.45 million in 2019 and $12.7 million in 2020 for Buffalo". The network reports the Bills and Bengals are swapping first-round picks, moving Buffalo up to #12. He has played in 78 games, starting 77, but he missed 10 games a year ago due to foot and ankle injuries that landed him on injured reserve. Neither have successfully held on to a starting job in the three years since, and the team appears to be giving up on the endeavor.
Another day, more trades in the NFL.More news: Cameron Diaz Has Retired From Acting, Says Selma Blair
The Bills have been at the center of high-profile trades for the past several months now going back to last season when they dealt Sammy Watkins.
Buffalo now owns the 12th and 22nd selections in the 2018 draft.More news: Trump reiterates call for death penalty for drug dealers
Between adding a 3rd round pick for a quarterback they didn't really want (Tyrod Taylor) and moving up nine spots in the first round for a tackle they didn't really want, Brandon Beane and Sean McDermott have done plenty of work towards getting the Bills in position to get the quarterback they want. The Bills had been looking to unload Glenn and the Bengals were in desperate need of an upgrade at the offensive tackle position. A big hit that they will take is his contract, but it will be worth it if Glenn can keep defenders off of Dalton. When the trade is finalized on Wednesday, the Bills will free $4.85 million of cap space. Offensive line play was a major problem for the Bengals and the addition of Glenn takes care of left tackle.More news: Explore More Assassin's Creed Origins with Curse of the Pharaohs
- Syrian forces advance against Ghouta rebels
- India, Pakistan accuse each other of harassing diplomatic staff
- #1 UVA beats #12 UNC; wins ACC Tourney title
- ELN Says Ready to Resume Peace Talks with Colombian Gov't
- Trump could tap Microsoft alum Liddell as economic adviser
- Yankees signing Neil Walker for $5 million, AP source says
- Nagaland: Former CM Zeliang under NIA radar in extortion case
- Russia Defence Ministry releases video of hypersonic missile test
- Kirk Cousins to make decision on new team this week
- Family files lawsuit over lost embryos at OH hospital