Kirk Cousins would put the Broncos in contention in my opinion, even if it's just on a three-year contract and a short window.
Keenum is expected to become the first of the high-profile quarterbacks in the open market to agree to a deal.
Bradford, who was once projected to be one of the better quarterbacks in the entire league, has shown flashes of brilliance over the course of his career, but has been hampered by injuries and inconsistent play.
Since Peyton Manning's retirement in 2016, the Broncos have featured a revolving door of starting quarterbacks acquired via free agency, a trade and the draft, and none of them have stuck.More news: Apple Maps Now Shows Bike Sharing Stations in Montreal, Toronto and Beyond
According to 9News Denver, Keenum's deal is expected to be a short-term agreement, suggesting it won't preclude the Broncos from taking a quarterback with the fifth overall pick in next month's draft if they so choose.
The Broncos, who own the fifth pick in next month's National Football League draft, also considered Cousins following a 5-11 season in which Trevor Siemian, Brock Osweiler and Paxton Lynch all struggled behind a porous offensive line and questionable play-calling before Mike McCoy was replaced by Bill Musgrave as offensive coordinator. Klis adds that it "does not appear the Broncos made a serious run" at Cousins.
Say what you want about John Elway's history of drafting quarterbacks - we don't know what he can do with a top five pick at that position. I feel like we can get right back in the thick of the things rather quickly.More news: John Cena Challenges The Undertaker to a Match at WrestleMania
"I still think we're not too far away", Elway said at the combine.
For Keenum, he will now face a pile of expectations in a quarterback-crazed region that saw its team win a Super Bowl just two seasons ago. He threw for 3,547 yards and 22 touchdowns and compiled a regular season record of 14-3.
Keenum's teams are 20-18 in his games as a starter and he made both of his career playoff starts this past January for the Vikings.More news: US House speaker urges Donald Trump to drop new tariffs plan
- Mohammed Shami row : Kolkata police seek details of cricketer's travel from BCCI
- So who is the worst Premier League manager ever, Jose?
- Ryan Coogler Pens Heartfelt Letter to Ava DuVernay
- Democrat holds slim lead on eve of PA-18 election, poll finds
- WOMEN'S NCAA: UConn, Irish, Louisville, Miss St top seeds
- Federer wins, Djokovic out at Indian Wells
- NASA's People's Assembly Suspended
- Jets now lead National Football League in cap space following Browns trades
- 'Chilling': Virat Kohli shares picture of wife Anushka Sharma kissing him
- Top 10 NFL Free Agents On The Market